The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Our second Neff dishwaser in 10 years went pop a couple of months back and we bought a Beko one for about £250, way better quality than the expensive Neff one. I think for a tad extra AO offera fitting service, I know Curries do.
Not now they dont. They make it clear on the web site that they will drop it at your door and even take the old one away but will not enter your house.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I think my wife is going a bit overboard with this virus. I went shopping this morning and when I got back, she insisted that I strip off to my underwear and put all my clothes in the washing machine , including the two shopping bags I had. I also had to have a shower before I got dressed again.
Whilst out, I never was in contact with anyone , kept 2 metres apart, sanetised the trolley handle and was wearing gloves which I disposed of before getting back into the car.
Not looking forward to going shopping again. Luckily, I only go once a week at the moment.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Earlier someone posted about EE giving “free” stuff. Just received the following from TescoMobile (O2), more freebies:
“Tesco Mobile: We're here to help you through these challenging times. To help you stay in touch, you can now make unlimited free UK calls from 8pm in the evening to 8am the next morning Monday - Friday and at any time over the weekend, until 1 June 2020. And we stand by our commitment to not increase your tariff price for your whole contract, so your bill won't go up unexpectedly. For terms, exclusions and more, go to: tescomobile.com/littlehelps Text STOP to 25858

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Not now they dont. They make it clear on the web site that they will drop it at your door and even take the old one away but will not enter your house.
Yes, bought several things online since the restrictions started (including a TV), done thing seems to be, they bring package to your door, retreat 2metres, take photograph of you, and package. A bit annoying, I am having to comb my hair several times per day. Wife will not answer door to a delivery, unless, she has done hair, makeup etc. ;)

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Earlier someone posted about EE giving “free” stuff. Just received the following from TescoMobile (O2), more freebies:
“Tesco Mobile: We're here to help you through these challenging times. To help you stay in touch, you can now make unlimited free UK calls from 8pm in the evening to 8am the next morning Monday - Friday and at any time over the weekend, until 1 June 2020. And we stand by our commitment to not increase your tariff price for your whole contract, so your bill won't go up unexpectedly. For terms, exclusions and more, go to: tescomobile.com/littlehelps Text STOP to 25858
What's the big deal? If you are on Messenger or What'sap, you can make video calls anywhere in the world for free.

screenman

Legendary Member
I think my wife is going a bit overboard with this virus. I went shopping this morning and when I got back, she insisted that I strip off to my underwear and put all my clothes in the washing machine , including the two shopping bags I had. I also had to have a shower before I got dressed again.
Whilst out, I never was in contact with anyone , kept 2 metres apart, sanetised the trolley handle and was wearing gloves which I disposed of before getting back into the car.
Not looking forward to going shopping again. Luckily, I only go once a week at the moment.

That was the instruction given out to teachers.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Friend of mine is undergoing cancer treatment. He was instructed by the hospital to do very similar when he arrived home. Strip to underwear, take his clothes directly to the washing machine, shower and dress.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Maybe she just wanted to see you in your undies.

Top Bottom