The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Hello world. It's going to be a beautiful day. Clear sky and 9C already though the breeze has a chill to it.

Didn't go to be till just after midnight and then read to till 1.00am. Slept like the dead till 6.30.

Still haven't done the glossing and unlikely today. After my ride it has to be allotment time.

Looking out of the window while drinking my coffee I was struck by a thought. Why make male black birds black and female ones brown?? Bizarre train of thought.
Like most birds, the male is (to us) more attractive as its his job to convince the female that he is worth a dabble.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning. What a beautiful day.
Up early, dishes washed (by hand:sad:)......dont it make a mess when you do a curry :wacko:.
I made a difficult decision yesterday and decided not to cycle today. I may change in a week or two but the idea is not to do it till this crisis is over..... for a number of reasons.
Unlike some (on the other CC section) I would not pontificate or try to suggest that anyone should do the same as me.....it is purely how I feel at this moment. Whoever is cycling I say enjoy and keep posting about your rides as we all enjoy reading about them.
So, its the exercise bike plus weights and situps this morning.
Lunch will be fresh bread with home cooked ham, some cheese and lots of wine.
Enjoy your day folks.

Hi-di-hi fellow retirees,

Another glorious morning 🌞
As I was working my way through my shed tidying I noticed that I seem to have rather a lot of bicycle saddles.

With me being comparatively new to this cycling malarkey I went through a phase of trying different ones before settling on a Charge.

I'll probably stick the others on Ebay once this kerfuffle has died down.
Mind you, I do like the look of the Brooks Cambium...
Saddles are so personal things.
A few years ago i bought the charge spoon on the basis of it's good reviews and being cheap as chips.
The first ride it nearly cut me in half i tried to persevere but it never got any better

screenman

Legendary Member
I bought an Essax Shark sadlle off of somebody on here, suprisingly comfortable and that has reminded me it needs to go back on the turbo bike. If you have not seen one just google it.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Saddles are so personal things.
A few years ago i bought the charge spoon on the basis of it's good reviews and being cheap as chips.
The first ride it nearly cut me in half i tried to persevere but it never got any better
Another saddle that I have on my audax bike is the San Marco Rolls. Again, very comfortable. If it was good enough for Sir Bradley of Wiggins--:bicycle:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Ahh....you replaced a built in with a slide in. Sounds like a good plan.
We thought the built in fridge needed replacing. Found it virtually impossible to find the right size with chang from £1K:sad:.
Fortunately we managed to bodge the fault.

We've done this with both our washing machine and dishvwasher
I love Marmite as well.
marmiteman.jpg

I'm quite fond of Marmite too.
This is my outfit for a fancy dress parkrun a few years back.

Top Bottom