The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
OK Folks,
How about this for a plot for a Netflix series. A quadriplegic girl lies dead on a Mortuary slab in the basement of a Convent. Cue sounds of gunfire and explosions and enter a group of female warriors dressed in black Ninja style outfits pursued by the baddies.

But these are not your run of the mill black clad female warriors, oh no, they are Nuns striving to hold back the forces of evil. Realising that the powers of darkness are about to take the upper hand, the leader of the Ninja Nuns hides the Holy relic that she possesses ( a halo from a Saint ) inside the body of the dead girl.
Battle finished, the remaining nuns retreat to regroup, camera pans to body of young girl on Mortuary slab. What's this? are her legs twitching? but she's quadriplegic, or was, as the holy relic has not only brought her back from the dead, it has also imbued her with Superpowers!

So starts episode 1 of " Warrior Nun " As a Netflix subscriber I get the occasional Email advising of new content, this one seemed so daft I had to take a look. Forget Welshie's Bloomers, there's Nuns clad in close fitting black leather Ninja outfits to fill our imaginations now...
Maybe they extras from William's and Kate's wedding!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ding-Ninja-nun-sat-inches-Prince-William.html

classic33

Leg End Member
Walking across Rannoch Moor last year and were excited to spot some eagles hovering in the distance. As we got closer I realised that they were hang gliders 🙄
There's the geese to worry about,

D

Deleted member 1258

That was both enjoyable and interesting. We were out to lunch today for the first time since the lockdown, we chose Sutton Wharf at Sutton Cheney, all seating outside, none inside, disposable menu's on a table to pick up then put in the bin when we finished ordering, a table by the door where they took contact details before going inside to order, a number given for the order and the order placed on a table outside and the number called so you can pick it up.

12boy

Guru
Very glad to see Mo and Welshie back... liked their point of view and the lovely pictures and maybe even being shamed by Mo's fantastic rides. As Yogi Berra was reputed to have said...if they dont wanna come who's gonna stop them? I am trying to take up the siesta habit as the 33C temps we are having and the typical geriatric sleep problems us Olds have mean I feel tired after my ride and gardening in the heat. Funny thing is, though, now 24 C feels chilly. Today is Mrs 12's birthday so I've promised her fireworks as I do every July 4th.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Well.......that's the first day of seeming back to normality!
Been down to the Black Horse ........ had 6 pints of North Coast IPA.....and a very silly time.
MrsD had 3 pints and is feeling very silly.
Gonna have to have an executive power nap now.:okay:
Kim, behind the bar, was being very silly today. :laugh:
Found out that I went to school with someone who new her grandfather. Small world, eh?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Some more bike fettling done. Hybrid has got new tyres, chain and cassette plus a tweak to the front mudguard so all sorted for the next ride. Although I seem to manage these jobs, I am always waiting on something going wrong after if I have done anything stupid! Lol. It had an 11-32 cassette on but I have replaced it with 11-34. Just 2 more teeth so not sure I will really notice......more placebo effect I think :laugh: Seemed to be all changing up and down ok on the stand anyway.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I have put 12 lights up outside, nail cable tie light, nail cable tie light and so on, now all we need is some solar to make them work. Forgot, the bed bases have had a change around in the bedrooms and we now have the newest base and a brand new mattress, so obviously I will be having a few dodgy nights until I get used to it.
What mattress did you end up getting?

screenman

Legendary Member
What mattress did you end up getting?

Not sure what it is called certainly not a famous name, sprung foam thingy type, to be honest we found a warehouse in an old RAF base not far away, went and laid on a few ffound one we liked handed over £350 and he followed us back to our house with it in his van. If we do not like it it will go down to one of the spare beds, we did get a bit despearte in the end as our old one just seemed to dip almost overnight. Mind you I will be pleased if it stays comfortable as it was a lot less than I intended to spend and feel great quality.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Not sure what it is called certainly not a famous name, sprung foam thingy type, to be honest we found a warehouse in an old RAF base not far away, went and laid on a few ffound one we liked handed over £350 and he followed us back to our house with it in his van. If we do not like it it will go down to one of the spare beds, we did get a bit despearte in the end as our old one just seemed to dip almost overnight. Mind you I will be pleased if it stays comfortable as it was a lot less than I intended to spend and feel great quality.
Sure it’ll be fine. £350 isn’t that cheap.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
My problem is it doesn’t matter which way I come back into the village there is a hill Two are long drags.One is steep but short.Problem is the latter passes the cemetery. Think I ought to pre book a place.☠💀👻
Sort of reminds me of the Sunday I had my heart attack. Decided to ride home when I felt better***.......... straight past Blackpool Victoria Hospital, home of the Lancashire Cardiac Centre. Less than 48 hours later I was back......the staff mentioned I could have saved everyone a lot of bother 🤔

*** I didn't know I'd a heart attack!! 😀

Top Bottom