The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Just curious. Do they have separate segment leaderboards for e-bike users now?

Yes. Totally separate from the normal bikes.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Interesting. Just asked as there's a lady around here who I know for a fact sold her road bike and got a fancy e-bike. Sometimes she logs it as an e-bike ride, but other times she doesn't and goes way up the leaderboards.

I always have it set on ebike. It's not fair on other riders to do that.

Besides you are cheating yourself as well. I would feel really bad if I did that.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Well, I am going to do a segment in my car soon because I want to know the gradient of a road nearby that I can't do on my bike. Of course, I will delete it as soon as I get the information.
When I say I can't do it on my bike, I mean, at the moment. When I change my cassette to a higher cog ( 40 teeth I hope), it may be a different matter.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Indeed, the lovely Monkers.

I don't bother with Strava any more. Too much petrol and electric doping going on. Why pay good money to be bested by a cheat?
I occasionally flag them if it's too obvious. The lady in question went from averaging around 10 mph to 15 mph and went up a hill segment at close to 15mph taking the QOM. It wasn't me so it wasn't sour grapes by the way! Lol. Most of the QOM's around here are held by a good club rider from over near Kinross. Was just the principal annoyed me when the rest of us are using good old fashioned leg power and working hard.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Well, I am going to do a segment in my car soon because I want to know the gradient of a road nearby that I can't do on my bike. Of course, I will delete it as soon as I get the information.
When I say I can't do it on my bike, I mean, at the moment. When I change my cassette to a higher cog ( 40 teeth I hope), it may be a different matter.
I don't enjoy really steep hills much these days. I like a long gradual climb.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Happy landlady! :cheers:

First pints are free! :cheers:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
...... and Red Kite up there so could have been either.

This reminded me earlier and I promptly forgot - memory seems to be a growing issue. Earlier today I opened a new tab to Google something, then I couldn't recall what I wanted to Google.

Anyway, side tracked. Many, many years ago we visited a friend in Aberystwyth. We went to walk at a spot famous for its views - near, I think, Devil's Bridge. WD??

Parked the car and started to wander "Quick, quick the kites are displaying" said the complete stranger who rushed up to us. So we hurried in the general direction. Arrived at said spot to feel rather disappointed...........

Apparently there is more than one sort of kite in the world and not all on the end of a bit of string. :blush::blush: :laugh:

pawl

Legendary Member
Interesting. Just asked as there's a lady around here who I know for a fact sold her road bike and got a fancy e-bike. Sometimes she logs it as an e-bike ride, but other times she doesn't and goes way up the leaderboards.

I decided to pay for Strava mainly for the over 75 segments I am managing to get in the top ten Just do for a bit of fun.I don’t set out to knacker my self as I can’t always remember we’re the segments crop up 🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️😖😖😖

Top Bottom