The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
Morning :hello:

The gist of it was that I made what I considered a very tongue in cheek and amusing comment re Nicola Sturgeon and it turned political and then certain people took offence that I dare introduce politics into this thread and got quite grumpy about it. I then threw my dolly out the pram a bit at being told what I can post by people that have only been on the thread for a short term..............there will that do? :laugh:

Glad you only went missing for a short time Welcome back👍👍👍

pawl

Legendary Member
OK Folks,
How about this for a plot for a Netflix series. A quadriplegic girl lies dead on a Mortuary slab in the basement of a Convent. Cue sounds of gunfire and explosions and enter a group of female warriors dressed in black Ninja style outfits pursued by the baddies.

But these are not your run of the mill black clad female warriors, oh no, they are Nuns striving to hold back the forces of evil. Realising that the powers of darkness are about to take the upper hand, the leader of the Ninja Nuns hides the Holy relic that she possesses ( a halo from a Saint ) inside the body of the dead girl.
Battle finished, the remaining nuns retreat to regroup, camera pans to body of young girl on Mortuary slab. What's this? are her legs twitching? but she's quadriplegic, or was, as the holy relic has not only brought her back from the dead, it has also imbued her with Superpowers!

So starts episode 1 of " Warrior Nun " As a Netflix subscriber I get the occasional Email advising of new content, this one seemed so daft I had to take a look. Forget Welshie's Bloomers, there's Nuns clad in close fitting black leather Ninja outfits to fill our imaginations now...

You have got me thinking now.I had the e mail about Warrior Nun Initial reaction was that looks like a right load of do do. Will have to give it a go.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
OK Folks,
How about this for a plot for a Netflix series. A quadriplegic girl lies dead on a Mortuary slab in the basement of a Convent. Cue sounds of gunfire and explosions and enter a group of female warriors dressed in black Ninja style outfits pursued by the baddies.

But these are not your run of the mill black clad female warriors, oh no, they are Nuns striving to hold back the forces of evil. Realising that the powers of darkness are about to take the upper hand, the leader of the Ninja Nuns hides the Holy relic that she possesses ( a halo from a Saint ) inside the body of the dead girl.
Battle finished, the remaining nuns retreat to regroup, camera pans to body of young girl on Mortuary slab. What's this? are her legs twitching? but she's quadriplegic, or was, as the holy relic has not only brought her back from the dead, it has also imbued her with Superpowers!

So starts episode 1 of " Warrior Nun " As a Netflix subscriber I get the occasional Email advising of new content, this one seemed so daft I had to take a look. Forget Welshie's Bloomers, there's Nuns clad in close fitting black leather Ninja outfits to fill our imaginations now...
Yes, I saw some of this. Thanks for explaining 'cos I hadn't a clue. Mrs P is a huge fan of this sort of storytelling.

I rarely get to choose what we watch as it's always "You'll fall asleep anyway...." Is it any wonder when I'm subjected to this junk! Did laugh at the bit when an attacker picked up the soul and it cut his fingers off.

Then we had Vera. Now I used to enjoy Vera but these days every plot is the same. Just a question of what method this week's murderer has chosen 😴

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Yes, I saw some of this. Thanks for explaining 'cos I hadn't a clue. Mrs P is a huge fan of this sort of storytelling.

I rarely get to choose what we watch as it's always "You'll fall asleep anyway...." Is it any wonder when I'm subjected to this junk! Did laugh at the bit when an attacker picked up the soul and it cut his fingers off.

Then we had Vera. Now I used to enjoy Vera but these days every plot is the same. Just a question of what method this week's murder has chosen 😴
It's a shame when they seem to run out of ideas and what used to be a great series ends up becoming just more of the same. Lot of the film series end up the same.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Hoping to go out this afternoon, if the weather improves, but I don't think I will match that. Probably around the 20 mark for me. Out of curiosity, because you regularly cover 30 to 40 miles most morning, that takes some time, so what time do you get up then?
Mo used to work nights as a prison officer. Its my theory that she doesn't actually get up as she never goes to bed ^_^

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Anyway......on important matters (I hope you men will understand this).
Did the Aldi dash and finished packing the stuff in the car.
Taking the trolley back I noticed a woman carrying a bunch of flowers.
I thought "oh sh*t, its MrsDs birthday and I haven't got flowers".
So I dutifully went back, chose some and got in the (by then) big queue.
True love hey :rolleyes:
You didn't want to get told off and have the hard stare from MrsD did you.😉

Top Bottom