The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Haven't looked yet. Given that I don't even have contents insurance my bikes definitely aren't covered at the moment anyway! :laugh: What I've saved on insurance would probably buy me a new bike anyway.
Yep, heard that argument before. I get the logic but know it wouldn't work for me. I would need to put the premium cost to one side to make it work.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning everyone. Still blowing an absolute hoolie outside, +/- 45mph I'd estimate. Forecast is to drop to 22 and only 16 at our cafe destination!!!! Decision to be taken at 8.00 but I can see this wind completely dampening my already waning enthusiasm. This lockdown business keeps getting harder.

A few small jobs need doing on the allotment. If Mrs P decides on paint colour I can emulsion.

I think a doze is now in order.

Today I'm one year older - 66. Did we all feel it was unimaginable in the heady days of youth?
Congrats Paul. Aged 66 you are officially entitled to a doze

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Must be Weetabix time I think.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
You may (maybe not:rolleyes:) recall the myself, MrsD and my mate all got flu in November/December......it lasted till March. My mate, who is a big, fit guy, turned into pneumonia.
Well, come April-ish we all wondered if we had actually had C19.
Not to bore you but, even now, most mornings me and MrsD have a good kip but get out of bed feeling weak and shaky. Today I am sat here sweating profusely.
Anyway.........on radio 5 they were just discussing 'after Covid 19 fatigue syndrome'. I am getting more convinced that is what we had.
Not sure wether to do anything about it or not:blink:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning all.
You may (maybe not:rolleyes:) recall the myself, MrsD and my mate all got flu in November/December......it lasted till March. My mate, who is a big, fit guy, turned into pneumonia.
Not to bore you but, even now, most mornings me and MrsD have a good kip but get out of bed feeling weak and shaky. Today I am sat here sweating profusely.
Anyway.........on radio 5 they were just discussing 'after Covid 19 fatigue syndrome'. I am getting more convinced that is what we had.
Not sure whether you can request an antibody test or not? It would certainly be useful to know if you've actually had it and that's the reason for the fatigue so you can rule anything else out. It does seem to leave after effects according to the odd thing I've read or watched on tv.

D

Deleted member 1258

Morning all.

There was definetly something nasty going round before this thing kicked off, I had it and so did several of our friends, so I wouldn't be surprised if we've had it.

Dave7

Legendary Member
There was definetly something nasty going round before this thing kicked off, I had it and so did several of our friends, so I wouldn't be surprised if we've had it.
I seem to recall @screenman getting it around late October as I blamed him for giving it to me.
I am sat here with the fire on, cold, jacket on but sweating. Not nice.
TBH symptoms are slightly less each week so I keep thinking it will eventually go completely.
Not been to the Docs for the obvious reasons.

Top Bottom