The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
As a lad I was seriously into conker collecting and competitions.......so every year I find it interesting to see how their developement is affected by rain/sun/temperature etc.
Around here they don't yet seem to be developing.......it can change quickly though.
Used to enjoy it too. Did you ever soak them in vinegar to try and get them hard? Ooooer :laugh:

No competitions now in case the poor little dears hurt themselves! :rolleyes:

Drago

Legendary Member
Right, I'm off out to the docs. I'm T1 diabetic (unusually for T1, not diagnosed until well into adulthood) and normally rock solid stable, but ive not been feeling clever lately and the Doc wants a blood sample to see what's going on so I'm off to see the vampire nurse. Au revoir.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Used to enjoy it too. Did you ever soak them in vinegar to try and get them hard? Ooooer :laugh:

No competitions now in case the poor little dears hurt themselves! :rolleyes:
Vinegar, baked in the oven, tried the lot.
I still recall having (a guess here) a 15r....as in 15 wins when somebody smashed it. I nearly cried. Stood there holding a shoe lace with my conker in bits. Nowadays the school would arrange councelling.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I actually edited it 3 times before posting it so as not to offend the very delicate Mo or Welshie.
The complete gentleman.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@Mo1959 - re insurance. Buildings and Contents including named bike at £3500 is £126 pa with Halifax. I haven't made a choice yet but will be paying £126-200 for next 12 months. Only one bike this year as the other I had covered was written off a few months ago. Current winter bike isn't worth covering though I plan to buy a new one in September so I need to call Halifax about this.

D

Deleted member 1258

Sat in Sutton Wharf drinking coffee and eating tea cakes in the rain, no inside seating

IMG_20200706_101637.jpg

Top Bottom