The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm back. Slightly deflated, but nevertheless alive.

Tenkaykev

Guru
He maybe didn't have the correct technique. I'm sure there's a knack to how you swing your nuts!

Which brings to mind my first sighting of a product called "BawBags"

Go on Mo, you know you're going to try it at least once. Top tip, spread the butter on really thick, and try to continue over the tope edge a bit, this helps to reduce the debris field ^_^ The combination of the creamy butter on your palate meeting the dryness of the wheat beneath as it dissolves into a glorious mush is something to be experienced!
Have I sold it to you? ^_^

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning everyone. Still blowing an absolute hoolie outside, +/- 45mph I'd estimate. Forecast is to drop to 22 and only 16 at our cafe destination!!!! Decision to be taken at 8.00 but I can see this wind completely dampening my already waning enthusiasm. This lockdown business keeps getting harder.

A few small jobs need doing on the allotment. If Mrs P decides on paint colour I can emulsion.

I think a doze is now in order.

Today I'm one year older - 66. Did we all feel it was unimaginable in the heady days of youth?
Certain it was Tuesday last year, however you'll know...

T'is only the two, not three?

Last edited:

pawl

Legendary Member
66 miles would be no problem for Paul. He regularly seems to churn out long rides.

I'm still not feeling very keen to go out yet. Maybe another coffee will help me decide.

Best intentions for a ride this morning Wind and dark clouds put paid to that.Went to the local garden centre to the fruit and veg stall for potatoes,,nectarines and grapes then inside for a coffee and a toasted tea cake.

Exlaser2

Veteran
Morning all . Am sat with mrs exlaser on our second coffee and thinking about going for a walk . We were going to go cycling but unlike Dave r we decided it was too windy and too big a chance of rain. ( We are definitely not hard core cyclists lol. ) Think we will head over to earlswood and walk round the lakes, this means it will definitely rain as it always does when we go there 😂😂

Tenkaykev

Guru
I did the same with the addition of strawberry jam we really new how to live during rationing 🍓🍓🍓

Strawberry jam? Luxury! We used to DREAM of Strawberry jam...

Mo1959

Legendary Member
After the 1st inner tube not arriving and the 2nd one that did arrive being the wrong size, the seller has refunded me the cost of the inner tube and I can get rid of the wrong one so result. Now to find an inner tube that will fit.
Bike spares seem to be in really short supply just now. Loads of the popular tyres out of stock nearly everywhere. Sometimes find I have more luck on ebay.

Top Bottom