The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.

D

Deleted member 1258

I got back an hour ago with 51 miles ridden, character building I think they call rides like that. My regular route out to Sutton Cheney and coffee at Sutton Wharf where we were in the car on Saturday. My regular route back from there usually takes me through Earl Shilton, Sutton In The Elms and Clay Brook Pava, today with the wind and the rain I didn't fancy that so I headed back towards Shenton then turned onto the gated road to take me into Market Bosworth before turning to ride into Shenton, in the village instead of turning towards Upton I carried on down to the A444 at Sibson, turned right into the village then turned left out of the village towards Sheepy Magna, in the village I turned towards Radclife Culey and on to Witherley where I picked up my route out and rode into Mancetter, up Purley Chase and on to home. Not the most pleasant ride I've done, but pleasant enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

screenman

Legendary Member
Cows
IMG_20200108_151429.jpg

Exlaser2

Veteran
I got back an hour ago with 51 miles ridden, character building I think they call rides like that. My regular route out to Sutton Cheney and coffee at Sutton Wharf where we were in the car on Saturday. My regular route back from there usually takes me through Earl Shilton, Sutton In The Elms and Clay Brook Pava, today with the wind and the rain I didn't fancy that so I headed back towards Shenton then turned onto the gated road to take me into Market Bosworth before turning to ride into Shenton, in the village instead of turning towards Upton I carried on down to the A444 at Sibson, turned right into the village then turned left out of the village towards Sheepy Magna, in the village I turned towards Radclife Culey and on to Witherley where I picked up my route out and rode into Mancetter, up Purley Chase and on to home. Not the most pleasant ride I've done, but pleasant enough.

View attachment 534459

Were did you find your friend? 😂😂

D

Deleted member 1258

Were did you find your friend? 😂😂

On the outskirts of Sutton Cheney one of the residents has a full size plastic cow in his hedge, its been there for years, I've photographed it before, it has a cycle helmet on its head and is festooned in fairy lights which aren't plugged in as far as I know, I know nothing about its history.

12boy

Guru
I was thinking about our geriatric Rat Terrier, Gracie by name, who is a very ritualistic animal. Every time she is let out to relieve herself she makes a beeline for the corner of sidewalk and driveway to see who's left her a tweet in the pee spot. About ten am she has to go on the deck to roast her bones in the sun in Her Chair for 1/2 hour. At 5:30 pm sharp this animal, who cannot read as far as I know, strarts agitating for dinner. After her last pee she demands 2 little dog cookies and a joint medicine chewy. After considering this situation I realized how much I am the same..due to needing to do many chores, inside and outside, to prepare for Youngest Son and his Beloved Wife, I've missed my morning ride for two days now. This cannot be borne but still it must. Praps smelly old men are as ritualistic as their smelly old dogs.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Good morning everyone. Still blowing an absolute hoolie outside, +/- 45mph I'd estimate. Forecast is to drop to 22 and only 16 at our cafe destination!!!! Decision to be taken at 8.00 but I can see this wind completely dampening my already waning enthusiasm. This lockdown business keeps getting harder.

A few small jobs need doing on the allotment. If Mrs P decides on paint colour I can emulsion.

I think a doze is now in order.

Today I'm one year older - 66. Did we all feel it was unimaginable in the heady days of youth?

Yes! And I remember feeling immortal. :wacko::smile:

Top Bottom