The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all. I am committed to play golf today. And its due to rain......again:sad:.
Its a long, hilly course. Beautiful views but hard work in the rain.
Not feeling too bad today after feeling sh*t yesterday so I will take that^_^.
Part of the problem/symptom is lack of appetite......I find I am picking at things (bad things like crisps) but that is no good if I have over 4 hours of golf ahead......so I am trying to gear myself up for food.
Think I will catch the news then have a stroll......see how I feel then.

screenman

Legendary Member
@screenman - thanks you've reminded me. A few days ago I smashed the nearside wing mirror on my car while reversing in to the garage. It's a Hyundai i30 registered March 2015. The mirror has electrical viewing adjustment but only the mirror moves, the body can only be pushed in manually.

The lower piece of the assembly is fixed rigidly to the car body. There is a large peg projecting upwards on to which the upper assembly containing the mirror etc. slips. The only purpose I can see for the lower assembly is to support the upper which appears to contain all the electrics etc.

I know this isn't an easy question from afar. Do you think if I can find a replacement online there's a decent chance I or my local independent garage will be able to slip it on?

I haven't phoned yet but I guess Hyundai will want both arms and possibly a leg to do this.

Easy job to fit the whole lot, door card off normally but sometimes just a triangle shaped bit behind the mirror, plenty on Ebay for a ton new, look hard and you may find aused one in the right colour. Unless it is a Mazda which come colour coded it may need painting.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,

A sunny morning with a gentle breeze at the moment. I can hear the bin lorry in the distance and the gentle breathing of Mrs Tenkay as she lies asleep beside me while her coffee gets cold. ☕
This talk of Rhyll reminded me of visiting a couple of my brothers who went to live there. It was an age ago but I remember staying in a Pub called the "Sun"☀️
Have a lovely peaceful day folks 🏃‍♂️🚶🚲🏊🌞

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:
First night of the year in our tin tent.
We're so out of practice with this caravan malarkey.....it all feels weird. We should be back to normal after a few more nights.
Little doggie's 14 birthday today, so I daresay she'll be spoiled more than usual.:smile:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all, nice and bright outside.
Dog walking, bike riding, gardening and a few ales this afternoon.
Can life get any better :cheers:.

Has anyone between the ages of 60 and 65 had to seriously reconsider their retirement plans in the wake of this Coronavirus disaster and the inevitable effect it will have on your pensions/investments?
Yesterday I ventured a peak at my pension fund, I haven’t dared look since it started. It’s a good job I didn’t look in March, between 22nd Feb and 20th March it had lost 12% of its value. But it’s been recovering since then and is now only 0.5% down on its Feb peak. It’s the same with my other investment accounts, they are within a whisker of Feb levels too. So no cause for panic just yet.

Top Bottom