The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Yesterday I ventured a peak at my pension fund, I haven’t dared look since it started. It’s a good job I didn’t look in March, between 22nd Feb and 20th March it had lost 12% of its value. But it’s been recovering since then and is now only 0.5% down on its Feb peak. It’s the same with my other investment accounts, they are within a whisker of Feb levels too. So no cause for panic just yet.
That'a good to know. I have an IFA and he tells me to hold on as they always bounce back but as I pointed out to him, there is no history of this type of thing so people literally do not know what could happen under such circumstances.

D

Deleted member 1258

Thats mildly annoying, broadband contract runs out at the end of month, a quick look round and Plusnet have a good deal on, tried to order it and it wouldn't let me, kicked me out towards the end with an error, I tried again with the same result, and can't get through on phone or messenger, I've now gone with Talktalk, got the car insurance to sort out at the end of the month, I detest this faffing about.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Thats mildly annoying, broadband contract runs out at the end of month, a quick look round and Plusnet have a good deal on, tried to order it and it wouldn't let me, kicked me out towards the end with an error, I tried again with the same result, and can't get through on phone or messenger, I've now gone with Talktalk, got the car insurance to sort out at the end of the month, I detest this faffing about.

Over the past 2 years I have saved about £2,000 on my electricity, broadband, and getting rid of Sky and insurance.

I hate giving my money away and I would have left it for awhile, then tried again. There might be a problem with the site, In which case walk away for awhile and try again and it will probably work.:okay:

D

Deleted member 1258

Over the past 2 years I have saved about £2,000 on my electricity, broadband, and getting rid of Sky and insurance.

I hate giving my money away and I would have left it for awhile, then tried again. There might be a problem with the site, In which case walk away for awhile and try again and it will probably work.:okay:

I've saved a lot of money over the years, I just don't like all the faf attached to doing it.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
@gavroche how far does that cycly path extend ?
How much of if is good ?
Myself and cycling mate are thinking of sticking the bikes on the car and heading over there to try it.
TBH the way I am I might only manage 30 miles total anyway....... so if its "there and back" where is the best/nicest stretch to do?
All the way to Prestatyn and overall, it isn't bad apart from walkers and dogs. You can do Prestatyn to Rhos on Sea without going on the roads, that's about 20 miles.
Rhyl to Rhos on Sea would be about 15 miles each way, easily do able .

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Bonjour tout le monde. P***ing down so far and Molly walked under it, so both of us rather wet.:laugh:
We are expecting visitors from abroad ( England) for the day later on, now that restrictions have been lifted. It will be a nice change even if we can't hug yet.
My wife's car MOT is due on the 15th but I believe there is a 6 months extension for MOTs due between March 30th and July 31st so I will take advantage of that and have the whole lot done when it goes for servicing in September.
Obviously no ride today and not till Thursday at the earliest now , depending on the weather. I really want to go as far as Betws y Coed , which will be a 40 miles ride but my legs are not as fit as @Mo1959 yet but working on it. ^_^
Au revoir les amis et a la prochaine.:hello:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I think the puncture fairy has maybe got into my garage! :laugh: Happened to give the tyres on the hybrid a squeeze after fitting new ones the other day to find the front had gone down. Don’t know if it was a faulty tube or I nicked it putting it on, which I’m not usually prone to do. Gave it a quick dunk in the sink but can’t see any obvious bubbles. It’s a mystery. New tube fitted so we shall see.

Top Bottom