The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning all....Had an unexpected building delivery first thing this morning, it wasn't due until this afternoon. It's thrown me all out of sync, so I went for a little pottle :bicycle:, that's better on track now! 🌈
I have DPD coming later.....just for a second I couldn’t remember what with, but it’s cat litter. Very exciting....not. :laugh:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Fantastic customer service from Salamander Pumps, who manufacture shower and hot water pressure boost pumps.

On Monday in the small hours got a massive water burst in the airing cupboard water everywhere like a fire boat!!

Turned off the stop tap and started to mop up the flood.

Emergency plumber out - shower pump had failed spectacularly.... it had only been fitted in September last year so still under warranty.

Called Salamander Pumps in Sunderland to find out what they recommended... they checked with the plumber to make sure he fitted it correctly and have already sent out a new replacement pump by courier and the plumber who fitted it is calling to arrange a temporary hot water bypass today and then coming back to fit the new pump, as soon as it arrives, after work! Airing cupboard drying out nicely and humidifier working overtime!

All sorted within an hour... it's how well people respond when things go wrong that cheers me up.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Fantastic customer service from Salamander Pumps, who manufacture shower and hot water pressure boost pumps.

On Monday in the small hours got a massive water burst in the airing cupboard water everywhere like a fire boat!!

Turned off the stop tap and started to mop up the flood.

Emergency plumber out - shower pump had failed spectacularly.... it had only been fitted in September last year so still under warranty.

Called Salamander Pumps in Sunderland to find out what they recommended... they checked with the plumber to make sure he fitted it correctly and have already sent out a new replacement pump by courier and the plumber who fitted it is calling to fit it tomorrow after work! Airing cupboard drying out nicely and humidifier working overtime!

:bravo::bravo:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Right, so how long is a pottle? In comparison with a bimble, trundle, potter, spin, etc. :laugh:
It's like MrsA_T's referencing for adding milk to tea and coffee.... a splash is more than a spot but is it less than a dribble?

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Nice walk on North Hill and down to Bury Fort, an Iron Age settlement this morning.
Currently in the Bottom Ship at Porlock for a spot of lunch. :okay:

Top Bottom