The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Nipped in to Minehead for a walk along the prom and Fish & Chips on the seafront. :okay:

Last time I went to Minehead I ended up walking home ( to Poole via the SWCP) 😁🚶‍♂️

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I only done 13 miles today as it was windy but I wanted to see the new cycle path the Council has just redrawn on the prom in Old Colwyn. It looks very nice and a great improvement on the previous bit but the top is still unchanged and very bumpy. See pictures.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. Think I might try an early spin or I will end up like yesterday and not want to go if the wind picks up again later. Can't decide what bike to take as there could be showers.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@screenman - thanks you've reminded me. A few days ago I smashed the nearside wing mirror on my car while reversing in to the garage. It's a Hyundai i30 registered March 2015. The mirror has electrical viewing adjustment but only the mirror moves, the body can only be pushed in manually.

The lower piece of the assembly is fixed rigidly to the car body. There is a large peg projecting upwards on to which the upper assembly containing the mirror etc. slips. The only purpose I can see for the lower assembly is to support the upper which appears to contain all the electrics etc.

I know this isn't an easy question from afar. Do you think if I can find a replacement online there's a decent chance I or my local independent garage will be able to slip it on?

I haven't phoned yet but I guess Hyundai will want both arms and possibly a leg to do this.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I only done 13 miles today as it was windy but I wanted to see the new cycle path the Council has just redrawn on the prom in Old Colwyn. It looks very nice and a great improvement on the previous bit but the top is still unchanged and very bumpy. See pictures.
View attachment 534508

View attachment 534509
This brings back some memories. It must be 20-25 years ago when Sustrans opened NCN 5. I was on the inaugural ride for the route. The memory is very hazy but I think we started in Rhyll but I can't recall where we finished. I do remember staying the night in an awful and noisy B&B in Rhyll.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning everyone. It's a beautiful morning but forecast to rain all day. I'm rather hoping the forecast is correct as I made committments on the basis of rain. I'm itching for a ride but have to do stuff first.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. Very much appreciated. I had a good day, kids called, cake and fizz in the garden with friends along our terrace. Completely out of the blue my best and closest friend turned up at lunchtime. With my Vietnam trip and lockdown I haven't seen her since January. She couldn't have given me a better present. So a lovely day all round.

Today brings, ironing, finish housework, visit No.2 son, buy more paint, then emulsion. Mrs P has decided on a new bathroom colour and agreed the front room will be decorated with the previous bathroom colour. I'm not sure if I've come out ahead on this one........🤔

Last edited:
Top Bottom