The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

12boy

Guru
Some time ago I bought a 1982 Holdsworth Special for $180 At an estate sale which came with a workstand, a truing stand an extra Campy (we do not say "Campag") crankset, several sprocket clusters, a toolbox full of miscellaneous bits spokes etc. Even longer ago I bought a spare rear wheel for my single speed Surly Steamroller with a Sturmey Archer 3 speed hub.. To make a long story marginally shorter I got a bug up my butt to convert the Holdsworth into a lighter weight English 3 speed which was done over the last couple days. So today I will do my 20 on this venerable beast and see how she goes. Praps mañana it will be the Surly with 48/16 gearing for a single speed treat. I must confess tinkering with my little stable provides me with many hours of therapy. As Ben Franklin opined " The only difference between men and boys is the cost of their toys".
I must confess that I do consider my favorite 6 bikes as kind of like a harem only they don't ask for much, never criticize me, and don't seem jealous of each other.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I eventually talked myself into a bimble. Took the hybrid in case there were more showers but it actually turned out quite nice. In fact, I was a bit too warm.

Dave7

Legendary Member
And yet another horticultural type question.
My Bro started his first allotment and compost heap.
I gave him your tip re spent hops. What other simple things should/could he add to it........manure is already in there.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Thought I would have a quick look-in and see if the thread has returned to it's former amiable self.

Pleased to say, it appears to have done so.

Come back @monkers ;)

I may linger. ;)

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Some time ago I bought a 1982 Holdsworth Special for $180 At an estate sale which came with a workstand, a truing stand an extra Campy (we do not say "Campag") crankset, several sprocket clusters, a toolbox full of miscellaneous bits spokes etc. Even longer ago I bought a spare rear wheel for my single speed Surly Steamroller with a Sturmey Archer 3 speed hub.. To make a long story marginally shorter I got a bug up my butt to convert the Holdsworth into a lighter weight English 3 speed which was done over the last couple days. So today I will do my 20 on this venerable beast and see how she goes. Praps mañana it will be the Surly with 48/16 gearing for a single speed treat. I must confess tinkering with my little stable provides me with many hours of therapy. As Ben Franklin opined " The only difference between men and boys is the cost of their toys".
I must confess that I do consider my favorite 6 bikes as kind of like a harem only they don't ask for much, never criticize me, and don't seem jealous of each other.
We need photographs. We love photos of bikes. :bicycle::bicycle:^_^

Top Bottom