The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Just nearly spat my pint of Stag out.
Sitting in the bar of the Bottom Ship at Porlock Weir, two guys walk in. Both big chaps. One was about 6'9" shaven headed, broken nose, covered in tattoos and built like Tyson Fury.....he went to the bar to order.
'And what would sir like?' enquired the barmaid.
'A half of lager shandy, and I'll have a Pink Gin with Lemonade thankyou.'
You just never know, these days. :laugh:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Boa constrictor, python or mamba?
Python today.
It evolves depending on my mood :rolleyes:

Dave7

Legendary Member
A spitting cobra? The one eyed bed snake?
Thats the one

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Growing chilli peppers/sweet peppers/mini cucumbers.......lots of questioms :rolleyes::rolleyes:.
Aldi have them on offer next week.
£3.49.
Brochure gives no clues.
Do I grow them inside or out?
Is it easy?
Is it worth it?
Chilli peppers (i.e. hot chilli's) are easy to grow and very rewarding in that you will be successful and actually get some chillis! You can grow them on a sunny window sill, in a conservatory, porch with good light etc. I grow these every other year as one plant gives me enough chillis to dry and store in various ways for two years. As it happens last night I found a jar of chillis I preserved in olive oil in 2018. Tasted a tiny bit of the oil and nearly blew my head off. I'm going to investigate the actual chillis later.

Sweet peppers are also easy but make large plants so are more suited to a greenhouse. They are slow to get going and prefer high temperatures which is another reason to use a greenhouse.

Cucumbers are, in my opinion, a waste of time and effort.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I drove along to the village of my birth for a walk and to give the car a run as it hasn't been used. Walked round a walk we played on as kids and that dad used to look after. Must remember and take some brasso and a cloth next time. The plaque on one of his bridges is looking a bit tarnished and sad.

Top Bottom