The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Could cheerfully have stayed in bed this morning but got up for a 06.00 pee and decided to listen th Tony B SOTS.
I do believe I am feeling a bit better today. Legs are not like lead and the cold, shaky feeling is not there. Dare I hope?
Coffee has been drunk, dishwasher emptied. No particular plans. I think I will enjoy a chill day, read a book and watch footy on tv.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all... Happy birthday Dave7, have a good 'un! :cheers:

Nice photos Paul :okay:

Up early to get cracking on with the brick laying, nice day for it.
Happy birthday ??

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees and a happy birthday to Dave7,

Mrs Tenkay and I wandered up to the pub yesterday evening, our first excursion since lockdown. I was only going to have a couple of pints of Corbel, this somehow ended up as four😯 so I'm feeling a bit vague at the moment.

Have a lovely peaceful day folks 🏃‍♂️🚲🚶🏊🌞

monkers

Veteran
Good morning all. Sorry carcass elevation sequence completed.

Apparently I'm a 'retrieve driver' for the day. This means I have to sit in the camper on a remote hill top with a radio and a book waiting until I get a message from Danni that she has landed the paraglider somewhere in the depths of nowhere, then it's my apparent responsibility to find her which can be somewhere vaguely south of the starting point, up to about 100km away. I'm taking the bike though for short bimbles. My phone has now been loaded with geeky paraglider tracking apps and things I don't have a scooby about. Wish me luck eh. :smile:

Happy Birthday to Dave, if it is your birthday that is. 🎂

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Good morning all. Sorry carcass elevation sequence completed.

Apparently I'm a 'retrieve driver' for the day. This means I have to sit in the camper on a remote hill top with a radio and a book waiting until I get a message from Danni that she has landed the paraglider somewhere in the depths of nowhere, then it's my apparent responsibility to find her which can be somewhere vaguely south of the starting point, up to about 100km away. I'm taking the bike though for short bimbles. My phone has now been loaded with geeky paraglider tracking apps and things I don't have a scooby about. Wish me luck eh. :smile:

Happy Birthday to Dave, if it is your birthday that is. 🎂

I have always wondered how people learn to paraglide. I mean, you can practice running along the ground with a big kite on your back, as many times as you like, but, sooner or later, you actually have to jump of a cliff, for the first time, then, you have to actually land again, for the first time. No, don't think I fancy that ;)

Puts a whole new meaning on "losing a friend", I suppose?

Top Bottom