The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
A good morning to you all, nothing planned today so a big case of see what happens.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good day people. Looks decent outside of my window. I shall finish my brew and then attempt a doze. Although bog eyed right now I feel quite motivated. Hopefully I will:
  • Clean bike - really needs TLC
  • Iron
  • Prime bathroom radiator
  • Pick, clean, freeze gooseberries
  • Make gooseberry gin
  • General allotment work
We shall see............

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning gang.
Like PaulSB I am a bit bog eyed this morning but was lying awake in bed for an hour or so before dragging myself out.
The plan is.........
0745...... Aldi dash**
0930... . Both go for the walk we had planned for yesterday.
Call at the butchers to get so stuff for the aunty.
**MrsDs 81 year old cousin keeps nagging her to take her out to the shops for a day. Pleasure only as she has family for food shopping etc.
Yesterday she caved in and agreed at which point we had words.
I said "I get up and do a 0730 Aldi shop for us and your aunty so as to avoid the crowds. Your choice but why am I doing that if you are going to risk queuing and bumping into people".
She phone back and cancelled.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all fellow members.
Last nights rain has passed. Good for the garden.
In this order----
Dog walking
Breakfast
And then,
I have a click and collect order from Sainsbugs this morning and then I am going to strip down the headset on my old Dawes and throughly clean out all the old gunk, and then regrease and reassemble
It probably hasn't been done for 35 years.

D

Deleted member 1258

:hello: Good morning people, chauffeur duty this morning, taking my Good Lady down the hairdressers for the first time since lockdown, then we are seeing step daughter and step son.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,
Blue bin day / Grey sky day today.
Mrs Tenkay and I walked up to Wimborne yesterday. Lovely walk along the route of the old Somerset and Dorset railway. Crossing the bridge over the Stour we saw a pair of Swans with 5 recently hatched cygnets.
We got the bus back, first time on public transport since lockdown.
Masks mandatory, only three of us on the bus (plus the driver)
I must get some photo's next time, Mo's always inspire me.
Have a lovely peaceful day folks 🚶🚲🏃‍♂️🏊🌞

Top Bottom