The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkers

Veteran
I was referring to myself, not Numbnuts.

Phew 😊

Mo1959

Legendary Member
The 2 girls along the road are in France and Switzerland with their motorhome and bikes doing some of the well known climbs. I see Maddy has put an effort in on one of the short, sharp ones and is 5th woman. I am impressed!

GM

Legendary Member
Out over the park this morning with Alan 🐶, it was a sheer delight watching and him and a greyhound playing chase. Alan certainly gave him a run for his money. I think we should have called him Bruce instead of Alan, he's definitely born to run! :smile:

A bit of gardening this afternoon as it's a very pleasant 21 degrees. ☀

D

Deleted member 1258

I got back about an hour ago with 53 miles in the legs, the ride home was a lot better than the ride out, it was a lot easier, mostly dry and I saw the sun for a while. I reckon Balsall Common has had its own personal rain cloud today, the first shower I encountered on the way out was at Balsall Common, the only shower on the way back was at Balsall Common. Anyway it turned out to be a pleasant morning out on the bike.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I got back about an hour ago with 53 miles in the legs, the ride home was a lot better than the ride out, it was a lot easier, mostly dry and I saw the sun for a while. I reckon Balsall Common has had its own personal rain cloud today, the first shower I encountered on the way out was at Balsall Common, the only shower on the way back was at Balsall Common. Anyway it turned out to be a pleasant morning out on the bike.
Dave.......in normal spring/summer.....how many days a week and what distances do you average ?

D

Deleted member 1258

Do you not bother with shorter rides?
I enjoy 20-25 milers. After that it becomes hard work.

I'll usually do a shorter ride if I've not got time for a longer ride, rides often start to become hard work somewhere between 60 and 70 miles, or if the weather is bad. I haven't done a 100 mile ride since 2014, if I could find the time I'd like to do another one.

Top Bottom