The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Morning.

Well, as of today I can officially call myself a pensioner, although at 47 yrs old it feels a bit silly.... I’ll be 48 next month...
I repaired accident damaged cars until my late 20s before joining the police, I’ve completed 19 yrs service, 8 yrs as a PC and 11 as a sergeant but a number of shoulder ops In the last few years with some complications to my nervous system have meant that I’ve retired under ill health.
I’ve had a fantastic career although the last few years have been very difficult and I’ve very mixed emotions as I feel like I’ve cheated somehow but it’s for the best.

I’ve had a nice distraction this week as my new bike, a retirement present has arrived at the LBS 6 weeks early and I hope to collect it today! Photos to follow...

last thing, am I the youngest here??

Cheers Stuart.

:welcome:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Have I woken in another world??? All seems a touch surreal in here today. 😄

I've now properly assessed the weather. Cool, cloudy, calm and slightly damp. I am happy with this. Top of today's list is to get out of bed. :ohmy: then visit No.2 son, fortunately we are both just outside the lockdown area. Then it will be an ALDI run, probably some allotmenting and I have a little online shopping to do.

@Dave7 would you post the tomato picture again? I saw your post but couldn't see the image.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning.

Well, as of today I can officially call myself a pensioner, although at 47 yrs old it feels a bit silly.... I’ll be 48 next month...
I repaired accident damaged cars until my late 20s before joining the police, I’ve completed 19 yrs service, 8 yrs as a PC and 11 as a sergeant but a number of shoulder ops In the last few years with some complications to my nervous system have meant that I’ve retired under ill health.
I’ve had a fantastic career although the last few years have been very difficult and I’ve very mixed emotions as I feel like I’ve cheated somehow but it’s for the best.

I’ve had a nice distraction this week as my new bike, a retirement present has arrived at the LBS 6 weeks early and I hope to collect it today! Photos to follow...

Cheers Stuart.
:welcome:
You're probably the youngest physically; mentally, I'm not so sure. :laugh:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Well done to you all Paul.
TBH I was thinking of you (not romantically^_^) as it was too hot for us to even sit in the garden.
Hope your friend is ok.
I only ever really bonked once......its not a nice thing. Mine was on a shortish (30 mile) ride so a cereal bar and drink got me home.
How you managed 110 in that heat is beyond me.
Thank you Dave, it was a bit gruelling especially for the poor bugger on the front!! 🤔 We had one who is so tiny it makes no difference, one who bonked, another who was "riding on my heart rate today," another who tired........and a sucker (in the stupid sense). It was all great fun, good people, plenty of banter.

Our bonked friend was better last night and is all good today. Planning to be out with us tomorrow. Thanks

Dave7

Legendary Member
Have I woken in another world??? All seems a touch surreal in here today. 😄

I've now properly assessed the weather. Cool, cloudy, calm and slightly damp. I am happy with this. Top of today's list is to get out of bed. :ohmy: then visit No.2 son, fortunately we are both just outside the lockdown area. Then it will be an ALDI run, probably some allotmenting and I have a little online shopping to do.

@Dave7 would you post the tomato picture again? I saw your post but couldn't see the image.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning.

Cheers Stuart.
I have undies older than you:rolleyes:.
My daughter is 4 years older.
I need a lie down :sad:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I'm making a nutty and seedy loaf.......well the machine is doing it all, but I'm supervising :smile:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning.

Cheers Stuart.
Welcome to this very exclusive club Stuart.

Top Bottom