The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dickyknees

Guru
My dad had one of those. :laugh::laugh:
I think everybody had one of them
I still have my father’s cameras

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I still have my father’s cameras

View attachment 541479

OMG. They bring back memories

PaulSB

Legendary Member
We prefer Wispas. :hungry:
More of a Twirl man myself but yep Wispa is good.

Many years ago when Wispa was first released thousands were given away at Ewood. I forget which game but the away keeper wasn't popular. After denying Rovers the opening goal chocolate bars rained down on him from the Blackburn End. :laugh::laugh:

Terrible waste of chocolate!! 😢

Drago

Legendary Member
More of a Twirl man myself but yep Wispa is good.

Many years ago when Wispa was first released thousands were given away at Ewood. I forget which game but the away keeper wasn't popular. After denying Rovers the opening goal chocolate bars rained down on him from the Blackburn End. :laugh::laugh:

Terrible waste of chocolate!! 😢
I once knew a girl who'd nickname was "Twirl", named after a little trick she used to do. Ill5 leave the rest to your imagination.

screenman

Legendary Member
I lo liveve within 10 miles of of 4 RAF bases, I was at Coningsby on Tuesday it was a very lucky flying day, from our house we see the Arrows often, the factory a hundreds yards from my house is used as a turning point. Wickenby about 6 miles away has a lot of stunt flying going on and we see then in the skies above the back fields often, it is a great place to live if you like planes old and new.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
I once knew a girl who'd nickname was "Twirl", named after a little trick she used to do. Ill5 leave the rest to your imagination.
Is that safe!!

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning everyone. Skies are clear, no wind and 16⁰ - it feels strangely cool as temperature has been around 20⁰ at this time the last few days. Been awake since 4.50 which means 7 hours sleep, not too bad. I don't think I'm going to enjoy today, feeling pretty low already. Bloody virus.

Cycling at 8.30. As I need to be home early the guys have kindly agreed to an earlier start and a cafe stop which is only a short, fast ride home for me.

NHS audiology appointment this afternoon at Specsavers. I've never been there and not sure how I feel about it. Generally I worry about the quality of service from businesses which seem to operate on the single premise of being cheap. Specsavers may be far from cheap, I don't know, but everything about their advertising says cheap to me.

Didn't manage to make chutney yesterday and will try today but more likely tomorrow.

Last edited:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning everyone. Skies are clear, no wind and 16⁰ - it feels strangely cool as temperature has been around 20⁰ at this time the last few days. Been awake since 4.50 which means 7 hours sleep, not too bad. I don't think I'm going to enjoy today, feeling pretty low already. Bloody virus.

Cycling at 8.30. As I need to be home early the guys have kindly agreed to an earlier start and a cafe stop which is only a short, fast ride home for me.

NHS audiology appointment today at Specsavers. I've never been there and not sure how I feel about it. Generally I worry about the quality of service from businesses which seem to operate on the single premise of being cheap. Specsavers may be far from cheap, I don't know, but everything about their advertising says cheap to me.

Didn't manage to make chutney yesterday and will try today but more likely tomorrow.

Good morning Paul,
Chin up old bean. With regard to Specsavers I think they are run as a Franchise and the service you get can vary from branch to branch.
(When I went for my specs it seemed very compartmentalised.
A meeter and greeter at reception, then an eye tester, then a sales person who was trying to upsell to the latest greatest ultra thin lenses with various coatings.)
My friend who recently went for a hearing test and hearing aids was very impressed with them and how professional they were.
Hope it all goes well 👍

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,

Off to our granddaughters 3rd birthday party today 🎂
Mrs Tenkay baked a cake but something went wrong with the filling so it was a last minute dash to the shops for a Peppa Pig one 😯
The good news is the " failed" cake is in the fridge for me to test later 😁🎂

Have a lovely peaceful day folks ☔🏃‍♂️🚶‍♀️🚴‍♀️🧜‍♀️🏊‍♂️☔

Top Bottom