The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good day. It's pitch black outside so no idea about the weather. Seems still and calm so should be OK. Awake early.....again.

Quite a lot of household admin to do. Also need to review our annual budget which I quite enjoy but is also a PIA.

Chorley, like the rest of Lancashire, is under extra restrictions. I've read the relevant stuff on the .gov website. There is so much which is very confusing. Try understanding the section on Sport and Physical activity!!!!!!! Team sports are basically allowed. Define a team sport. I have one view, Mrs P another. A clear example of how difficult it is to comprehend the rules, law, guidelines.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Good day. It's pitch black outside so no idea about the weather. Seems still and calm so should be OK. Awake early.....again.

Quite a lot of household admin to do. Also need to review our annual budget which I quite enjoy but is also a PIA.

Chorley, like the rest of Lancashire, is under extra restrictions. I've read the relevant stuff on the .gov website. There is so much which is very confusing. Try understanding the section on Sport and Physical activity!!!!!!! Team sports are basically allowed. Define a team sport. I have one view, Mrs P another. A clear example of how difficult it is to comprehend the rules, law, guidelines.
It's getting more confusing as time goes on, and as people are getting increasingly fed up, I can see many ignoring the new restrictions.

It's at times like this I am glad I am on my own with no dependents to worry about and retired. Life pretty much goes on as normal for me. God knows how some out there are coping :sad:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
It's getting more confusing as time goes on, and as people are getting increasingly fed up, I can see many ignoring the new restrictions.

It's at times like this I am glad I am on my own with no dependents to worry about and retired. Life pretty much goes on as normal for me. God knows how some out there are coping :sad:
I very much agree, though do have dependents, my life though now missing something things goes on as normal. I am though very fed up.

I've made a genuine attempt to understand the rules. The basic stuff about visiting others in house and garden I understand. It says nothing about meeting elsewhere. Pubs etc. I get. The rest of it I've no idea and I'm ignoring. Does the Rule of Six mean I can cycle with friends ????????

I'll continue to behave responsibly which is far more effective than following some half-baked rules.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Effectively for people like me there is a ban as I stay with family. This means I cannot get to good cycle lanes and get in some distance at a reasonable time of day. As tourists seem to be able to come and go freely I cannot get triking from home either unless early morning when it is still pretty dark now.
Not a happy bunny as it seems targeting the wrong people. Ban everybody as before except workers who need to earn to live I would accept but this is an ill thought out mish mash which will have little effect on behaviour of the uncaring and careless.
I am obviously missing something.
Are you saying that if you lived on you own you could cycle freely but as you live with family you are restricted ?
If so, why ?

Morning all, a sunny and still five degrees here. Glad I put the heating on.
Mostly relieved at Sturgeon’s announcement yesterday but apprehensive about what she means by the possibility of a half term “circuit breaker”. We have a holiday booked for around that time :sad:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Good morning. It started raining at midnight and hasn't stopped yet. It's still dark, dismal and misty as well and a tad on the Cool side.

I have no idea how the rules work, so I will just keep to myself, stay away from anyone accept my family members and carry on as we have during the new normal. :laugh:

Stay safe folks :hello:

Tenkaykev

Guru

Hey, you've got us Mo, we're always here for a blether.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning.
A real winters day here although not as cold. Dark, raining and miserable.
We had the concrete deck of our new sun trap:wacko: repainted yesterday (the colour was too light) and its a water based paint** so I hoping it hasn't been washed away.
**finding exterior concrete pain off the shelf proved impossible so we settled for Ronseal Diamond Hard garage floor paint.

As we are both feeling better and actually starting to eat we thought we may get a short walk in....... we will see what the weather allows.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all,
The rain has turned up ☔☔☔which had not pleased the cats.
Out with the dog shortly and then I have to plane a little bit off of one of the doors as it is a bit tight on the new carpet. Only needs about an 8th of an inch off.
Sainsbury's is doing the monthly delivery later on, and then a burrito lunch with my son before he goes to work.
Another day in paradise.
Stay safe and sensible ^_^

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I am obviously missing something.
Are you saying that if you lived on you own you could cycle freely but as you live with family you are restricted ?
If so, why ?
I am not allowed go and visit my son's house which is on the mainland even tho' I have a separate ensuite but shared kitchen. From there I have access to lots of quiet roads and good cyclepaths where I can cycle in peace and safety. I could stay in a hotel or B&B if they were not stuffed with tourists at silly prices but where is the sense in that?
Where I live the roads are dangerous during daytime as tourists are free to go wherever they want with no restriction and with no experience of single track roads are a menace to put it mildly. I can go out early morning but it is getting a bit dark and in any case I am fed up getting up at the crack of dawn.
In effect I am housebound as am not able to walk a realistic distance off road and the trike is not suitable for forest tracks due to low hanging gears.

Top Bottom