The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all,
The rain has turned up ☔☔☔which had not pleased the cats.
Out with the dog shortly and then I have to plane a little bit off of one of the doors as it is a bit tight on the new carpet. Only needs about an 8th of an inch off.
Sainsbury's is doing the monthly delivery later on, and then a burrito lunch with my son before he goes to work.
Another day in paradise.
Stay safe and sensible ^_^
Don't forget.........ALWAYS take it off the top first :rolleyes:

Dave7

Legendary Member
I am not allowed go and visit my son's house which is on the mainland even tho' I have a separate ensuite but shared kitchen. From there I have access to lots of quiet roads and good cyclepaths where I can cycle in peace and safety. I could stay in a hotel or B&B if they were not stuffed with tourists at silly prices but where is the sense in that?
Where I live the roads are dangerous during daytime as tourists are free to go wherever they want with no restriction and with no experience of single track roads are a menace to put it mildly. I can go out early morning but it is getting a bit dark and in any case I am fed up getting up at the crack of dawn.
In effect I am housebound as am not able to walk a realistic distance off road and the trike is not suitable for forest tracks due to low hanging gears.
Ahhh got it......thanks.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,

A " do nothing" day yesterday due to feeling a bit sub par. Still slept through til just before 7:00.
I'm meeting Mrs Tenkay after her gym session, we're having brunch at a wonderful Turkish place that's recently reopened.
Have a lovely peaceful day folks 🚴‍♀️🏃‍♂️🚶‍♀️🏊‍♂️🍵

I am not allowed go and visit my son's house which is on the mainland even tho' I have a separate ensuite but shared kitchen. From there I have access to lots of quiet roads and good cyclepaths where I can cycle in peace and safety. I could stay in a hotel or B&B if they were not stuffed with tourists at silly prices but where is the sense in that?
Where I live the roads are dangerous during daytime as tourists are free to go wherever they want with no restriction and with no experience of single track roads are a menace to put it mildly. I can go out early morning but it is getting a bit dark and in any case I am fed up getting up at the crack of dawn.
In effect I am housebound as am not able to walk a realistic distance off road and the trike is not suitable for forest tracks due to low hanging gears.
Are you not able to form an extended household with your son ?
An extended household is where a household with one adult joins one other household. People in extended households can visit each other, stay overnight and do not need to physically distance.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Re @oldwheels comments.
We are technically not allowed to have our family visit us.......even though we all sit at least 2 metres apart......but we can meet up in a pub with 100 other people.
Yesterday we had our SiL here to do some paid work (see next post^_^) and our daughter came to, assist him.....so, all nice and legal. Crazy but legal.

Yes...... but I cannot have my family here. But I can meet them in a pub or the park.
We have a large garden with plenty of seats but technically that's a no no.
Is that because of the English rule of 6 ? Does that not apply to parks also ?

Dave7

Legendary Member
Right. Next installment.
SiL works for himself and yesterday he came to do a variety of jobs. Rules are laid down.....we pay him at full rate.
Seriously, if I was fit enough, I estimated
2-3 days. He is a real worker and had everything done in 6 hours AND to a high standard.
You may recall I made a veg casserole which (if I may boast) was seriously tasty.
I made enough for 6 people so I could freeze most of it.
So..... daughter and SiL got stuck into it. So much for freezing it. There is enough left for one portion:wacko:. AND they ate half a crusty loaf between them.

Top Bottom