The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
:hello: Morning

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
98 degree?

Not quite:laugh:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Exmoor walkies again this morning and Sunday lunch booked at the pub just up the road from the site. :okay:

As I had just finished a sardine lunch someone began beating on the front door. Even though Mrs 12 is bigger and more impressive than I, it was my task to answer it. A gent from the Gas Co said there was a gas problem in the next door house and we'd best stand in our yard as far away from the neighbors as possible. He didn't ring the doorbell because it could create a spark and the extent of the leakmwas not known. Shortly after firemen came and blocked off the street in front of our cul de sac and told us to evacuate at least a block away. We went a mile away to a ridge nearby from whence we could see our street and were soon joined by a more neighbors. All of us brought our pooches and as I found a bag of dog cookies all the dogs enjoyed some. We were up there for about an hour when yet another neighbor called to say we could go home and we found our CRV wouldn't start. Fortunately one of the neighbors who was there with us had jumpers and we got the car started and got home. 2 years ago some folks about 2 miles away as the crow flies went on vacation and had a little gas leak while gone. The resulting explosion destroyed that house and really damaged houses in a half block radius. It shook the windows in our house and the noise was incredible. It was interesting to think it could happen on our street and we could lose our house and all our stuff in the twinkling of an eye. The lady who lives in the gas leak house has some mental issues but they got her out and she is ok. Just a little Saturday afternoon drama.

That sounds awful........

Sardines for lunch? How could you? xx(

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Bonjour. No idea what the temperature is outside or inside as I am still in bed but it is sunny again. No plans for today so possibly a ride somewhere. Mrs G just told me that France recorded 14 000 new Covid cases yesterday :eek:. No intention to go there for a while then and glad we have Messenger to see and speak to my brothers, one of them was 66 yesterday so we had a good video call.

Top Bottom