The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. Yet more wet stuff for us today ☔:sad: Small consolation is it is still quite mild. Might have a little jog and that will do me. It's going to be either puddly or muddy everywhere.

Looks drier from tomorrow but much colder.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Yuck. Oh well, better get out and make the best of it! :laugh:
Screenshot 2020-11-24 at 05.30.32.png

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,
Bin day! And veg box day! Abel &Cole the company that delivers our Veg box also offer membership of the “pie club” , so every week we receive a chilled package containing one of “ Clive’s Pies”. You don’t know in advance what the pie will be, so you can see why I can barely contain my excitement 😉
Have a peaceful day folks
🏃‍♀️🏊🚴‍♂️

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning folks. Met Office shows we are in for a grey non-descript sort of day. It's 9⁰C already - almost balmy!

Slept till 6.40. I really am beginning to think the one good thing to come out of this year, for me, is my sleep pattern is improving. Fewer 3.30/4.00am wake ups and often sleeping till 6.45 and later. I think it's the lack of having to do anything. Need to learn this lesson.

It's a day of housework and chores. This includes the difficult task of telling the LBS I've changed my mind about the new bike and we need to find something else! :sad:

After coffee I'll do my stretches, some household admin and start tidying.

:hello:

Good morning all, another blustery day forecast. Today I can take my Croix de Fer to the LBS for a new bottom bracket, a slot that I had to book 3 weeks ago. Other than that I have nothing planned.
Yesterday’s tv matinee turned out to be a very strange affair. Billed as a comedy thriller from 1946 starring Deborah Kerr as a British-hating IRA activist linking up with Nazi spies to thwart the D-Day landings. Not the most obvious plot for a comedy and indeed I found it not very comic at all. However, I was rather thrilled to recognise a large part of its location to be the Somerset village of Dunster, sometimes mentioned by @Dirk and me. It must have caused quite a stir at the time to have Kerr and her co star Trevor Howard shooting scenes around the village.

Top Bottom