The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good afternoon. Paid my council tax and water rates, took Molly on Angel Bay and saw at least 50 seals resting on the beach there, lovely sight. Can't take pictures of them as they blend in nicely with the rocks and as we can only see them from the top of cliff looking down, the photo would be confusing.
Nothing to do now I'm afraid. I have got the glass pane to put in my shed to replace the perpex one but the frame needs enlarging so will do it when I can start in the morning and have hours of daylight in front of me.
Paul's top tip for today...........get the glass cut to the same size as the window frame. Much easier! 😄

postman

Legendary Member
Well I have done naff all so far today.Waited in for repair man,job done,keep an eye out to see if it leaks over night.Might need a new radiator,luck will have it it's the smallest in the house.So the hardest job I have done today is open and close the kitchen door.Get up and go has got up and gone.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good afternoon. Grey, windy and friggin' cold. A "feels like" of 3⁰C - too right absolutely bloody freezing on the bike.

Slept till 7.45 so no check in as I was rushing to get out on a ride - can't really be late when the meet is at the top of your road!!! A hard, hard winter ride. 52 miles, 3500 feet, 13avg, headwind for last 20 miles, came close to dieing in that and 3⁰C. Geeeeez.

BUT we had what must be the GREATEST CAFE STOP EVER!!!! Turned up at our favourite cafe. Chalk board outside announces Today's Special is Cakeaway and coffee £5 - hot custard, any cake and coffee. I had double chocolate with piping hot custard. Fantastic!!!! :hungry:😄:hungry:

D

Deleted member 1258

Good afternoon. Grey, windy and friggin' cold. A "feels like" of 3⁰C - too right absolutely bloody freezing on the bike.

Slept till 7.45 so no check in as I was rushing to get out on a ride - can't really be late when the meet is at the top of your road!!! A hard, hard winter ride. 52 miles, 3500 feet, 13avg, headwind for last 20 miles, came close to dieing in that and 3⁰C. Geeeeez.

BUT we had what must be the GREATEST CAFE STOP EVER!!!! Turned up at our favourite cafe. Chalk board outside announces Today's Special is Cakeaway and coffee £5 - hot custard, any cake and coffee. I had double chocolate with piping hot custard. Fantastic!!!! :hungry:😄:hungry:

Cakeaway sounds a lot nicer than my cereal bar eaten at the roadside, well done.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I have had a slobbing day today. Done houseworky stuff first though. A bit naff here weather wise. Misty and damp

Mo1959

Legendary Member

I love cake and custard. Mmmm, iced gingerbread and custard :laugh:

Top Bottom