The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I know. It's sickening to hear people still being so stupid. This is why I hope they don't tighten up exercise restrictions, because it's so obvious to anyone with half a brain that it's this sort of thing that's to blame and not someone out for a walk, run or cycle.
Indeed. These chumps boil my pith. It's arrissholes like this thatll get us a real lockdown, where we'll only be allowed out the house once a week to buy food or suchlike.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning. Dark and raining here. Just getting light now and I can see lots of mist over the village and the surrounding hills

Stay safe and stay away from the numpties out there. :hello:
Now there is a point.
Due to MrsDs bad back (plus our health stuff) we chose to have a cleaner. Excellent decision as, being young, she gets so much done in 2 hours.
However, the Covid situation is making us question the wisdom.
We have a conservatory so our decision at the moment is........
We stay in the conservatory.
We leave her money at the door.
She just gets on with everything.
Just hope we have made the right decision.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,
Planning on a walk to Wimborne along the trailway, Mrs Tenkay ordered a compact food processor type gubbins from JL and will collect it from Waitrose.
Cough has now abated to mainly in the morning , hopefully be shot of it completely soon and then I’ll venture out for a jog.
have a peaceful day folks

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Now there is a point.
Due to MrsDs bad back (plus our health stuff) we chose to have a cleaner. Excellent decision as, being young, she gets so much done in 2 hours.
However, the Covid situation is making us question the wisdom.
We have a conservatory so our decision at the moment is........
We stay in the conservatory.
We leave her money at the door.
She just gets on with everything.
Just hope we have made the right decision.
Surprised she is still working.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
She confirmed that she has been cleared to do her job.
The rules are weird as during the 1st 'lock down' she wasn't allowed to work.
Personally, it would be something I would forego while this is so bad. You have no guarantees she isn't carrying the virus unless she is getting checked regularly surely. No doubt she takes precautions but given you both aren't feeling 100% anyway, I think I would be wary if it was me.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Personally, it would be something I would forego while this is so bad. You have no guarantees she isn't carrying the virus unless she is getting checked regularly surely. No doubt she takes precautions but given you both aren't feeling 100% anyway, I think I would be wary if it was me.
Part of us is thinking that way.
What i don't know/understand is........if we don't go in the same room are we safe ? Or could she leave "spores" in the rooms ?
1. She has a 5 year old boy.
2. Her Dad has been living with her for the last week.
Anyway...... decision made......as I reply to you we have decided to cancel

Top Bottom