The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I went back to bed and managed to sleep.
I was in a deep sleep and dreamed that the lightbulb had exploded with a loud bang.
Gave me a real shock :wacko:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Nice sunrise this morning at Dirk towers.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I might have missed it but what is that for?
I ordered a bluetooth speaker on Sunday.
On Tuesday I got the email saying it was to be delivered today(tues).
later that day I got the email to say it had been delivered to the householder at 13.06.
No it hadn't.
We were in, and nobody knocked or rang the bell. The dog reacts well to somebody coming up the path, and there was no reaction from her at the time of said delivery. The package was not with the neighbours, or at the back by the bins.
So, either the driver delivered it to the wrong address,
The driver nicked it, or someone following the driver around nicked it. It never made my doorstep.:angry:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I ordered a fleece liner for my Barbour jacket last Thursday, with 48 hour delivery.
It's been sitting at the Royal Mail depot at Preston until last night. The tracking site now says it's at Gatwick as of 0740 this morning. :wacko:
I'm presuming it will be flown to Exeter and I'll get it in the next few days.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
No snow here and none at Connel east of Oban but a lorry was stuck on a bridge south of Crianlarich on the A82 due to snow last night. Temp currently 4.4C and dryish but high winds forecast.
The ferry seems to have broken down again so morning sailing cancelled. No reliability and time they got the new catamaran the local committee is trying for. There are still two boats building but surrounded by controversy with everyone blaming somebody else for delays in building.
Orkney also seems to have a problem in that the only current boat went aground on a sandbank at Stromness and damaged a propellor and the other boat is not due back from a refit for a few days yet.
Son in Taiwan has got himself transferred to an accommodation block for trainee police which is much better than the prison like conditions he started with. Should be out on Monday to start work.
Even the previous unsatisfactory accommodation would be an improvement over some hotels he encountered in various middle east countries he work in.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Has anyone else noticed how bad deliveries are at the moment. Emails saying X will be delivered, then after it hasn't been delivered another email saying they have a problem and can't deliver it, or it takes days for items to be despatched let alone delivered. Very annoyong. :sad:

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Has anyone else noticed how bad deliveries are at the moment. Emails saying X will be delivered, then after it hasn't been delivered another email saying they have a problem and can't deliver it, or it takes days for items to be despatched let alone delivered. Very annoyong. :sad:
On Tuesday morning we had an email your parcel will be delivered 16.00 to 17.00 then a short time later 20.05 to 21.05 . The parcel had already been delivered on Monday.

Top Bottom