The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good Morning All, lashing rain earlier but now drying up and the temp has soared to 5 degrees.
Will head off to the supermarket shortly.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Someone on Faceache put this pic up of a snowman near Pitlochry. :laugh:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all fellow groundhoggers.
It showed overnight, but the rain has now washed it all away.
I may go to the market later for some of the bakery stalls homemade sausage rolls, pasty and pork pie. I am in need of some comfort food.
Other than that it will be another day of jigsaw, domestics and sport on the radio/tv.
Stay safe everyone :cuppa:.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
High winds and light rain with outside temp 7.7C. Looks like a very high tide but not been down the street to see if any flooding. Some new sea defences were put along part of the street to try to stop wave action getting as far as the shops. High tide will still get over the street by simply going under the roadway and rising anyway so not sure how effective these will be.
First ferry off cancelled as they are frightened to tie alongside the pier at Craignure in bad weather in case it collapses. Argyll & Bute council are the owners but have done no real maintenance on it for years and last year some bits fell off after a ferry came in. I noticed on my last trip that a crew member had a camera to record coming alongside in case they were blamed for damage.

Did the shopping then headed out on my bike for the first time in a week. Main roads ok but I could see that some of the lanes still had plenty of melting snow and ice. Lots of snow still evident on the Pentlands, looking dramatic against a dark sky. Just did a couple of hours, sticking to main roads fortunately quiet. 6 degrees but felt colder in a strong wind. Nice to be out.

Top Bottom