The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I posted elsewhere that I have just found out my crappy memory may be due to the damage caused by carbon monoxide poisoning in the early 2000s. I linked to a post I made in 2010 in which I have just noticed that I had already mentioned that my crappy memory may be due to the damage caused by carbon monoxide poisoning in the early 2000s... :wacko: :whistle:

The parcel I'm expecting (ordered on 8th January- with 48 hour delivery) is due to be delivered today.
I know that time seems to drag in lockdown, but that's just taking the pish.
I was checking my Amazon account just now and there were messages saying that the diaries that I ordered for my family before Christmas may have been lost in the post. Checking with the family now before claiming a refund...

And... The cryptic crossword book that I ordered nearly a month ago was supposed to have been despatched on December 20th, but no sign of that. I'm chasing that one up too...

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
MrsP was told about a tv program called A discovery of witches. It's set in Oxford, and is a bit of a fantasy story about Witches and Vampires. We have watched the first couple of episodes and it looks promising. There is a series 2, and series 3 in the making. It's on Sky 1.
I get it through Now TV as I have bought an entertainment pass for £9.99 a month.

Just watched, online of course, the opening concert from this year’s Celtic Connections festival. Very enjoyable indeed. We bought a pass for the whole series, £30 for 3 weeks of concerts, not a bad deal :smile:. Plus we’ve started watching series 2 of The Bridge so that’s our evening viewing sorted for the next few weeks.

classic33

Leg End Member
Just watched, online of course, the opening concert from this year’s Celtic Connections festival. Very enjoyable indeed. We bought a pass for the whole series, £30 for 3 weeks of concerts, not a bad deal :smile:. Plus we’ve started watching series 2 of The Bridge so that’s our evening viewing sorted for the next few weeks.
Forth or Tay?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Who said that men can't multitask? I just did the washing up and washed my feet at the same time. Admittedly, it wasn't done deliberately... :whistle:

I took the plug from the sink and suddenly noticed that my feet were getting wet! Whoever had done the pipework below the sink hadn't tightened it up properly. Either that, or it had somehow loosened itself over the years...

The main plastic waste pipe had pulled free. When I reinserted it there was no resistance as I slid one pipe inside the connecting piece and it took a full turn of the big plastic nut to tighten the joint. I checked and all of the others were loose too. I reckon whoever put it together must have got distracted before finishing the job. Either that or they were too stupid/incompetent to realise that tightening was required! :wacko:

classic33

Leg End Member
Who said that men can't multitask? I just did the washing up and washed my feet at the same time. Admittedly, it wasn't done deliberately... :whistle:

I took the plug from the sink and suddenly noticed that my feet were getting wet! Whoever had done the pipework below the sink hadn't tightened it up properly. Either that, or it had somehow loosened itself over the years...

The main plastic waste pipe had pulled free. When I reinserted it there was no resistance as I slid one pipe inside the connecting piece and it took a full turn of the big plastic nut to tighten the joint. I checked and all of the others were loose too. I reckon whoever put it together must have got distracted before finishing the job. Either that or they were too stupid/incompetent to realise that tightening was required! :wacko:
Plastic "push fit" fittings have made the job too easy. Some seem to think they're all the same.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning everyone. Skies are full of fluffy white cloud, no breeze and the sun is appearing. 4⁰C. Meeting a cycle buddy at 9.30.

Yesterday was absolute shoot. Felt very down and did nothing other than a short walk. Bed at 9.30 and didn't wake till 7.40 this morning. Feeling much better.

Catch you all later. 🙂 :hello:

Top Bottom