The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Only thing is it has a usb lead for charging rather than electric plug like the dearer ones. I just pop it into the back of the computer overnight. Charge lasts probably 10 to 14 days I think.
I got one from a door to door salesman.
Cost me 5 quid and the same head cleans your teeth, cleans the wax out of your ears, cleans the gunge between your toes and you can use it as an enema. Battery only lasts 7 days but hey, for a fiver :rolleyes:

Tenkaykev

Guru

They are practically identical to the ones that come on sale from time to time at Lidl / Aldi. I've had one for a few years and it's very good indeed.
The prices of the Oral B / Philips toothbrushes are laughable. They're always on offer at a "Bargain" price. There's another "gotcha" in that the toothbrush heads are designed so that only the expensive branded ones fit the body of the toothbrush.
A lot of the extra whistles and bells are just a novelty, I've seen one that uses Bluetooth to talk to an app on your phone so it can analyse how effectively you are brushing your teeth ( according to their parameters ).
I'm quite familiar with electric motors / electronics and I've dismantled a few electric toothbrushes out of curiosity. They basically consist of an ultrasonic motor / vibrator which causes the brush head to vibrate at a range of high frequencies, usually around the 44khz range. There's a timer chip and on some models a pressure sensor to tell you if you are brushing too hard ( it's not as if you wouldn't already know that yourself )
So that's all they do, be they twenty quid or two hundred quid, they just vibrate at a high frequency for a set period of time.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Just got back from my first run of the year. I took advantage of the brilliant sunshine and above freezing temperatures to head out for an exploratory jog. I walked the first K and then took it very steadily for 3K and finished with an easy walk as a warm down. I was dressed up to the nines, woolly hat, gloves, merino buff thermal long sleeved running top and trackies, plus my Berghaus "Extrem" running jacket that has stood me in good stead over the years.
After the first K I had to start disrobing, the sun felt wonderful and warm as there was no wind to speak of. First went the gloves, followed by the wooly hat and then the buff. No twinges, which is a bonus, plus my chest felt ok after my recent bout of the Lurgy.
Onwards and upwards! Hopefully I'll get some measure of running fitness back quite quickly, then @Mo1959 will have to start looking over her shoulder 😉

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Took doggie for a walk at Broadsands.
It's usually pretty quiet down there.
Car park was as busy as it is on a Bank Holiday in August.
Surprising number of 'local' cars on London plates. :cursing:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good afternoon everyone.
Dog walking done early as it was a nice bright start to the day.
Our daughter did a drive by to collect her birthday present and drop her old ish smart telly off.

I am now watching the Spurs game. ^_^

Another groundhog day in paradise. :cuppa:

Took doggie for a walk at Broadsands.
It's usually pretty quiet down there.
Car park was as busy as it is on a Bank Holiday in August.
Surprising number of 'local' cars on London plates. :cursing:

View attachment 569328
Weekend car parking has been like that around here for months now. All of our usual walks are now no-go zones due to the numbers of people. Mostly I’m trying to avoid walking at the weekend altogether now.

Top Bottom