The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I don't care what I am called. I'm not bothered :laugh:
Oooh! Can I go first?? 🤣

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good day fellow members of the human race - will that do? Covers all possibilities I feel. I have now officially arrived for the day. It rained all night, it's rained all morning and is forecast to carry on raining. So......

Frankly the last two days have been shite. Horrible. All motivation gone. I hadn't just lost my mojo it had moved out and gone to live somewhere else. 🤣

Anyway. Forced myself to do Cardio Class last night and instantly felt better. Up and at 'em this morning. Washing done, dryer drying, tidying commenced, cleaning starts when Mrs P gets out of bed!!!

@dave r hope things are improving for your good lady.

monkers

Veteran
Me dear ????
Darling, lovey or even ducky if you don't mind

I remember many years ago, going to a wedding in Chesterfield, I was quite unprepared to be called 'me duck' by so many people. :rolleyes:
Is it Somerset where the term of friendship is 'me handsome'? It has a certain charm about it I think.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I remember many years ago, going to a wedding in Chesterfield, I was quite unprepared to be called 'me duck' by so many people. :rolleyes:
Is it Somerset where the term of friendship is 'me handsome'? It has a certain charm about it I think.
After a very sheltered upbringing I moved to Yorkshire as a young man. It took me a while to work out "bugger" was a term of endearment!

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good day fellow members of the human race - will that do? Covers all possibilities I feel. I have now officially arrived for the day. It rained all night, it's rained all morning and is forecast to carry on raining. So......

Frankly the last two days have been shite. Horrible. All motivation gone. I hadn't just lost my mojo it had moved out and gone to live somewhere else. 🤣

Anyway. Forced myself to do Cardio Class last night and instantly felt better. Up and at 'em this morning. Washing done, dryer drying, tidying commenced, cleaning starts when Mrs P gets out of bed!!!

Excuse me !!!!! I may not be of the human race. How very dare you.
I will check that with Mudsticks and get back to you.

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm feeling better this morning having been out on the bike yesterday, showered and a change of clothes this morning. I spoke to my Good lady this morning and she's feeling better, they are transferring her to Rugby hospital today and are going to work on her mobility.

Top Bottom