The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I don't drink coffee anymore.
Suddenly realised that I actually never really did like the taste of it about 9 months ago.
Only drink tea now.
I used to drink quite a lot of coffee and sometimes tea but now my guts react badly to caffeine so I only drink coffee infrequently and never bother with tea. At christmas I was given a box of fancy loose tea of some kind.:sad:

classic33

Leg End Member
2011 about 7.20 on a July evening. I was tired, stressed and hungry. Driving home an hour earlier I stupidly ate a Mars bar even though I know a sugar rush on an empty stomach is bad news. Mrs P said tea would be 10 minutes, feeling distant I sat down and woke up with a paramedic bending over me.

Prior to this it was 1978 at a rock festival. Similar circumstances. Nothing illegal!

I'm really very, very fortunate to know and manage the triggers and to understand the warning signs. Last night was a surprise because I'd followed my usual routine but had drunk less than usual.
Don't go over thinking it.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Wet and gales so an inside day. First two morning boats cancelled.
Seemed a good idea to go down to the coop for shopping before the mobs realise there may be be no lorry today. Got most of what I wanted as down before 8 o'clock and parking spaces empty probably due to nobody being keen to go out in this weather.
One unfortunate side issue caused by covid. We inherited a flat in Aberdeen which I have passed to my son.
After long delay we got the outside work done but cannot get estimates to renovate the interior as the flat has to be empty of furniture and belongings before anybody will go in. Cannot get this done as travel is not allowed and by the time we may be able to go anywhere he will be back in Taiwan. Meanwhile the city council insist on council tax as there is still furniture there. There are loads of books which we plan to give to a local organisation in Benderloch and that is on hold also of course. Waiting, waiting.

classic33

Leg End Member
I was only thinking this morning how I'd like a decent haircut. Mrs P will wield the clippers again later :sad:
I've a pair of these she can borrow!

I'll clean them first.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Comes round, goes round. My youngest daughter ( in her 40’s) popped round at the weekend. Seems like Patchouli oil is back in fashion:ohmy:
I’m just popping into the loft to see if my denim flares are in one of the boxes…
WOW!!! I haven't smelt that in years decades but have instantly recalled it. Oh the heady days of our youth, incense, patchouli..........

Thanks. A nice memory.

Top Bottom