The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
An old small shed beside the garage has become a victim of the high winds. It is now firewood.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I have been considering the skip situation. The road in to our village is cobbled. We live on a terrace. The gardens are at the front of the terrace. At the back of the terrace people park a car outside their house. Parking on the road is a bit limited but we rub along.

The neighbour having work done has parked her car on the road. OK with that. The skip is now parked at the back of her house. OK with that.

The poor bugger doing the work has to shift tons of old pea gravel and soil........ by barrow, along the front of the terrace, down the cobbled road, along the back of the terrace to the skip.

The skip is roughly the same size as the car my neighbour has moved to the road to make room for the skip.

Someone hasn't thought about this 🤔

classic33

Leg End Member
***IMPORTANT UPDATE***

For the sake of clarity I will not be applying chain lube to my HR monitor or my body.

I know it goes on the chain!
Has anybody said you will?

Tenkaykev

Guru
Mrs Tenkaykev has phoned the Doctor as she'd still not been contacted about her Covid Jab. They've told her to go online which means that it will be administered at the Bournemouth International Centre ( B.I.C. )
She's booked an appointment for tomorrow at 11:40. I'll accompany her and we've decided to take our Brommies as it's quite a scenic ride down to Shore road and along the Prom for a few miles. We'll be able to fold them and take them on the bus if she doesn't feel up to cycling home after the jab.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
I have been considering the skip situation. The road in to our village is cobbled. We live on a terrace. The gardens are at the front of the terrace. At the back of the terrace people park a car outside their house. Parking on the road is a bit limited but we rub along.

The neighbour having work done has parked her car on the road. OK with that. The skip is now parked at the back of her house. OK with that.

The poor bugger doing the work has to shift tons of old pea gravel and soil........ by barrow, along the front of the terrace, down the cobbled road, along the back of the terrace to the skip.

The skip is roughly the same size as the car my neighbour has moved to the road to make room for the skip.

Someone hasn't thought about this 🤔
Could it be because you need a licence to put a skip on a road (extra cost)? Still a pain for the guy doing the grafting though.

D

Deleted member 1258

Now sat in the tent outside the surgery, waiting the 15 minutes before we can go, interesting getting out the house, its not wheelchair friendly, but OK once we were out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom