The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Not bad MPG for knocking about on short local trips. :okay:

2.2 ltr Honda diesel CRV.

D

Deleted member 1258

My Suzuki Swift, a 1200, is doing around that MPG, currently showing 45mpg, doing occasional short trips these days, its usually close to 50mpg.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good evening all.
Cottage pie for dinner this evening.
I had to drive our son over to Stanmore to collect his car from the body shop. Someone crashed into the front of it a few weeks back when the snow was down. Didn't leave any details . £3690.00 later, it's an Audi S3 he's got. New bumper, headlight unit which was £900 on it's own. Grill, washer unit for the light. He did wonder about doing it through the insurance, but hasn't got protected no claims, so it would cost him the amount over the next couple of years in higher premiums. So he took the hit.:ohmy:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good evening all.
Cottage pie for dinner this evening.
I had to drive our son over to Stanmore to collect his car from the body shop. Someone crashed into the front of it a few weeks back when the snow was down. Didn't leave any details . £3690.00 later, it's an Audi S3 he's got. New bumper, headlight unit which was £900 on it's own. Grill, washer unit for the light. He did wonder about doing it through the insurance, but hasn't got protected no claims, so it would cost him the amount over the next couple of years in higher premiums. So he took the hit.:ohmy:
:eek::eek::eek:
B*stards they are.
Edit
Thats the drivers not the insurance

classic33

Leg End Member
My old shed roof is kaput with all the rain , corrugated bitumen , going to replace with corrugated iron sheets. Is an angle grinder the best way to cut corrugated iron sheets? ( corrugations are 2 cms deep ) thought somebody here might have experience of doing this
Go for the larger disc angle grinder, if possible. It'll be faster due to you not having to keep as close an eye on the corrugations whilst cutting. Allowing you to concentrate on actually using the angle grinder.

Smaller disc will soon be down to a safe minimum cutting diameter, and you'll be following the corrugations.

Top Bottom