The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Aargh! :banghead:

I've been trying to fix an old Garmin Edge 200 GPS which has been donated to me. I did get it working and watched it boot up but when I screwed it all back together the damn thing packed up again.

The fiddly part that I had been struggling with was a small cable connecting the screen display. It is a multiway flat cable that turns out to be really tricky to plug in. It turned out that I hadn't quite got it in place properly and it had pulled out again.

I have watched a video on YouTube showing how someone else did this job and the connector on his GPS had a hinged flap on it which can be loosened, like every other similar connector that I have encountered before. This one doesn't seem to have the flap though. Mind you - I'm not 100% sure that it is the case because my eyesight even with reading glasses and a magnifying glass is no longer up to this kind of work!

I had better leave it until tomorrow afternoon. I can try doing the job in daylight and I will not be so tired. If I carry on now I'll end up damaging something and have to scrap the device...

So much for an earlier night... I'm outta here! :blink:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. Still gusty outside. Next door neighbour hasn’t closed their gate properly so lay in bed listening to it banging from 3.30 and eventually just got up at 5. I’ll get out for a walk soon.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
Seems ok out there.... wind has died down after the last few days.
We are set for a few sunny days. Maybe a weekend in New Brighton?..... maybe not.
Busy (but bitty) day today.
Changed and washed the bedding yesterday.......will put that away.
2 lots of washing to do (dark and light).
Must Must Must sort the Pig sty study out.
Cleaner is coming at 11 30, been a month since last visit. Please don't report me. MrsD is just not well enough** and this girl is excellent.....she will blitz it. She knows the score...... we we stay in the conservatory while she does the rest of the house.
**I keep on top of things but after 15 minutes I have to sit down for a rest.
Have a good, safe day folk.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Strike while the doodah is whatsit being my motto......the 1st load of washing is in ^_^.
As explained I am relatively new to much of this housework malarky. I am puzzled by some items ie are they dark or light ??.
eg pale green ??
I made an executive decision and they are going in with the light stuff......sod it:rolleyes:

A question for @Drago
Your y fronts. Do they go in........
Light wash ??
Dark wash ??
Incinerator ??
Land fill ??
Radioactive waste maybe ??

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Strike while the doodah is whatsit being my motto......the 1st load of washing is in ^_^.
As explained I am relatively new to much of this housework malarky. I am puzzled by some items ie are they dark or light ??.
eg pale green ??
I made an executive decision and they are going in with the light stuff......sod it:rolleyes:

A question for @Drago
Your y fronts. Do they go in........
Light wash ??
Dark wash ??
Incinerator ??
Land fill ??
Radioactive waste maybe ??
I'm impressed by the light and dark division. I do:
  • Whites
  • Sports kit - technical fabrics
  • General coloured wash
  • Gardening/working clothes

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Feel like I've been put through a mangle this morning. :sad:
I've figured out that the Covid vaccine side effects take about 12 hours to manifest themselves.
2.30 this morning - mind racing all over the place, chills and aching legs/hips. Kept me awake for the rest of the night.
All seems OK now though. Seem to have subsided as quickly as they came on.
Deffo will be needing an afternoon nap today.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning. Forecast is sun and 6⁰ and it looks to be heading in the right direction. Birds are deafening this morning. Exercise class instructor introduced several new moves last night. I'm stiff as a board this morning.

Many more jackdaws arrived yesterday. A lot of them sitting singly in the trees. They mate for life so I guess these singles are out on the pull.

Riding out to the Ribble Valley today. Our first foray there in 2021. Really looking forward to this.

Today's buddy wants to discuss our financial approach to retirement. I get asked this quite often yet it never occurred to me when I planned our retirement.

:cuppa::hello:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Morning all :hello:

Feel like I've been put through a mangle this morning. :sad:
I've figured out that the Covid vaccine side effects take about 12 hours to manifest themselves.
2.30 this morning - mind racing all over the place, chills and aching legs/hips. Kept me awake for the rest of the night.
All seems OK now though. Seem to have subsided as quickly as they came on.
Deffo will be needing an afternoon nap today.
I had a mild headache followed by 5-6 hours of aches and sweats as though I was heading for a real dose of flu. Then like you it suddenly stopped. Next morning I was 100%.

Top Bottom