The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Happy St.David's day @welsh dragon .
They were just playing Bread of Heaven, for St David's day.
I cannot hear that without being back on the kop singing MAN UTD, MAN UTD, YOUR'E NOT FIT TO WIPE MY A***.

GM

Legendary Member
Morning all... Up early got an electrician coming shortly to do some work, and hey presto! lights in the man cave. We had to clear out stuff from under the stairs yesterday evening where the consumer unit is, big mistake! there were crates of our old photos from when the kids were young and when I had hair :ohmy: spent the evening going through them :cry:

Have a good day folks!

Dave7

Legendary Member
Meant to post these earlier. This mornings early moon.

Not sure what's happened there. Its duplicated the photos and won't let me delete them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

A cold misty morning this morning, I got sommoned from my bed just after seven this morning, my Good lady phoning from downstairs, I need help getting on the commode, breakfast now eaten, the fitted cover wrestled back on the settee, now waiting for the carer to come.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I know its St Davids day but do you have to type in Welsh?

Cheek :laugh:

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
@Dave7
"
.......This virus is known to alter/even destroy peoples taste buds. I have been fortunate compared to many BUT one thing I used to really enjoy was a few beers while watching the footy........I just cannot enjoy beer now :sad::sad::sad:. I have tried several times, have a few slurps and that's it.
Really not complaining.....lots of people far worse off. "

Dave my missus got covid at beginning of January ( I had no symptoms ,she must have passed it to me but I didnt feel any different and I was not tested as Ireland had too many cases to test then ) Anyway she can only smell vinegar and mustard and identify them with a blindfold on , nothing else.She can't taste any food . There are a few support websites ( on Facebook etc) and some taste therapy to try and bring smell/taste back. One associated with Facebook is" Tasteless Cuisine" There are many more if you search a bit . Some people get smell/ taste back after a few months but the longer you have lost it the more pessimistic the outcome I hear. Hope yours returns fully

pawl

Legendary Member
Good morning all fellow retirees.
An early dog walk which will include picking up the rubbish across the local fields, it's started already with the good weather over the weekend. 🤬
Then a bimble on one of the bikes, and a stop at the greengrocers on the way back for a few essentials :bicycle:

I dug out part of the compost heap yesterday and spread it on my runner bean patch and it looks good stuff, very well rotted and crumbly.

Second mug of tea being consumed and gearing up for the day :cuppa:

Stay safe everyone :bravo:

Your compost heap sounds like how I am feeling this morning.:eek::eek::eek:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I really need to shed a few stone / Kg as I’m feeling so unfit. Diet starts today!
Me too! Between the weather up here and the enforced lack of exercise with the wrist I am needing to take things more seriously. I had a couple of scarily high blood pressure readings yesterday and first thing when I got up and was about to phone the doc but checked again and it was back down so I will just monitor in the meantime. I will be shopping later so must make more effort to get some fruit and veg as I have hardly touched any lately.

Dave7

Legendary Member
@Dave7
"
.......This virus is known to alter/even destroy peoples taste buds. I have been fortunate compared to many BUT one thing I used to really enjoy was a few beers while watching the footy........I just cannot enjoy beer now :sad::sad::sad:. I have tried several times, have a few slurps and that's it.
Really not complaining.....lots of people far worse off. "

Dave my missus got covid at beginning of January ( I had no symptoms ,she must have passed it to me but I didnt feel any different and I was not tested as Ireland had too many cases to test then ) Anyway she can only smell vinegar and mustard and identify them with a blindfold on , nothing else.She can't taste any food . There are a few support websites ( on Facebook etc) and some taste therapy to try and bring smell/taste back. One associated with Facebook is" Tasteless Cuisine" There are many more if you search a bit . Some people get smell/ taste back after a few months but the longer you have lost it the more pessimistic the outcome I hear. Hope yours returns fully
Sorry to know your wife kopped it.
After 12 months I believe I am improving. Still heavy aching legs and walking like a drunk but thats better than many.
MrsD is now struggling far more than me. Severe pain in nerve endings in her feet means she can hardly hobble. She has gone from a healthy woman with a good figure to, sad to say, skin and bone.
Onwards and upwards eh!

Top Bottom