The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
My arm was a bit ouchy Saturday and Sunday from the Covid19 jab. Today it feels a lot better. :okay:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I have just installed a security camera at the front of the house and pleased to report it works well. ^_^
My stepson also asked me to help him extend his decking this weekend so my trip back to Devon will be delayed which may not please Mrs G when I ring her tonight. :sad:

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
The wrist was pretty achy but I managed a little bimble :smile: Lovely day and actually quite warm once you get moving......or maybe it's just because I was sweating with being so unfit :laugh:
I wore my wrist support for a good while after I was fired off , it takes up the strain a bit when you lean forward . Your dropped bars on your titanium bike put more pressure on wrists . I taped mine a bit as well , but too tight is not good. I crushed ice in a plastic bag and wrapped it around the wrist after rides as well . Flexing and rotating the wrist through its movement arcs , helps the muscles. Look up wrist strengthening exercises for a weak wrist . It took me a long time to get fully confident on the bike again. Take it handy

oldwheels

Legendary Member
First time out beyond the local area for at least 6 months. A&B Council are putting a passing place after about 30 years on the main road at a place called Arle. There was an informal one there for years but they closed it off by digging a deep ditch to stop vehicles using it. Since the lack of it can be a major hassle they have after many years put in a properly tarmac one. New communities seem to have sprouted overnight and where there was one house there are now up to a dozen.
A nice run in sunshine down Loch na Keal. Strange lack of shore bird life. For example 2 herons when they used to be spaced out every 100 yards or so. Only a pair of oystercatchers and only a few diving ducks and a couple of cormorants.
Practically no traffic as it used to be pre theme park.
Couple of shots from my Akaso camera.
The Gribun cliffs and then the highest mountain on the right Ben More.
Strange no climbers cars parked at the foot of the track.

12boy

Guru
He'd probably cycle between the two without a second thought. It's only "that far" on the map, and it's warmer here as well(temperatures in double figure plus numbers).
It would be a while before I could ride on any of your roads because my level of trust of motorists, based on how and what they drive around here, coupled with the road widths, would scare the yellow poo right out of me. A gutless wonder am I. My buddy and I have ridden to the next town about 25 miles away a few times, on a secondary (2 lane) road and people whipping by at 70 mph texting or having had a few beers was offputting.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
@Dave7
"
.......This virus is known to alter/even destroy peoples taste buds. I have been fortunate compared to many BUT one thing I used to really enjoy was a few beers while watching the footy........I just cannot enjoy beer now :sad::sad::sad:. I have tried several times, have a few slurps and that's it.
Really not complaining.....lots of people far worse off. "

Dave my missus got covid at beginning of January ( I had no symptoms ,she must have passed it to me but I didnt feel any different and I was not tested as Ireland had too many cases to test then ) Anyway she can only smell vinegar and mustard and identify them with a blindfold on , nothing else.She can't taste any food . There are a few support websites ( on Facebook etc) and some taste therapy to try and bring smell/taste back. One associated with Facebook is" Tasteless Cuisine" There are many more if you search a bit . Some people get smell/ taste back after a few months but the longer you have lost it the more pessimistic the outcome I hear. Hope yours returns fully
For a different reason [Parkinson's] my wife had no sense of taste but also no sense of smell which is more alarming in some ways.
Do you find that your sense of smell has also gone awol?

Top Bottom