The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Remember 75!!
June 75.png

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

I remember that all right. Eldest son was three that day, and, we (myself and Mrs Boldonlad Mk1) were away in our caravan. The gas froze and we had no hot water or heating! ;)

Tenkaykev

Guru
We’re planning another outing to the Black Bear in Wool as our regular “ second Tuesday “ meet up.
it was very cold when we visited last month, we booked for this month thinking that it would be much warmer. Not looking promising at the moment with rain forecast and 13 degrees.
We need to toughen up like these lads

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
We’re planning another outing to the Black Bear in Wool as our regular “ second Tuesday “ meet up.
it was very cold when we visited last month, we booked for this month thinking that it would be much warmer. Not looking promising at the moment with rain forecast and 13 degrees.
We need to toughen up like these lads

View attachment 587051
Good pub, the Black Bear.
Been in there a few times.:okay:

12boy

Guru
Got some sweet rain last night, but it was only because I watered the garden. Cool and grey today. My 3 speed Holdsworth works as it should and provides a very comfortable ride with 35 mm tires. The conversion of the Brompton from 1 to 2 speed is almost done. I would like to take it for this morning's ride but there maybe a bit of tweakage needed yet. It can't be a long one since today is our appt with the cancer doc. He had the gall to be on holiday for last months's visit and we had his Nurse Practioner instead. What a hoser he is for taking leave like that.
Our swallows have not yet returned. The N Platte has a half dozen bridges here in town and they make mud nests under the bridges. Since they eat gnats, skeeters and various other flying insects that are found by the river, their grub is close at hand. The redwing blackbirds, killdeer, flickers and cormorants are back for the summer though, along with the pelicans and Great blue herons I mentioned earlier. And of course, the damned snow pea stealing robins.
I need to schedule my annual physical to see if my prediabetes remain pre or has gone to full. I hope it is still pre because maintaining my weight with this low level of carb nonconsumption is hard enough.
Snow peas mostly up and the shallots are sprouting but no carrots, lettuce, char or arugula yet. Hopefully soon. Deer were munching on my wild plums last evening, so I peppered them with marbles from my Wrist Rocket which they kind of sneered at before moseying over to Brad's across the street.
Be safe and well....

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I remember it well.
We were spectating at the TT in the Isle of Man, sat outside the Ballacraine Hotel with a pint of Okell's in blazing sunshine and wondering why the racing was being delayed.
Apparently, it was snowing at Cronk ny Mona about 10 miles away.
It was that bad over there, that a lot of folks camping at the Cronk campsite were forced to pack up and seek shelter down in Douglas. :eek:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Got some sweet rain last night, but it was only because I watered the garden. Cool and grey today. My 3 speed Holdsworth works as it should and provides a very comfortable ride with 35 mm tires. The conversion of the Brompton from 1 to 2 speed is almost done. I would like to take it for this morning's ride but there maybe a bit of tweakage needed yet. It can't be a long one since today is our appt with the cancer doc. He had the gall to be on holiday for last months's visit and we had his Nurse Practioner instead. What a hoser he is for taking leave like that.
Our swallows have not yet returned. The N Platte has a half dozen bridges here in town and they make mud nests under the bridges. Since they eat gnats, skeeters and various other flying insects that are found by the river, their grub is close at hand. The redwing blackbirds, killdeer, flickers and cormorants are back for the summer though, along with the pelicans and Great blue herons I mentioned earlier. And of course, the damned snow pea stealing robins.
I need to schedule my annual physical to see if my prediabetes remain pre or has gone to full. I hope it is still pre because maintaining my weight with this low level of carb nonconsumption is hard enough.
Snow peas mostly up and the shallots are sprouting but no carrots, lettuce, char or arugula yet. Hopefully soon. Deer were munching on my wild plums last evening, so I peppered them with marbles from my Wrist Rocket which they kind of sneered at before moseying over to Brad's across the street.
Be safe and well....
I had three young bucks in the field opposite my house last evening at about 7 o'clock bold as brass. Just waiting to get into a garden but unfortunately for them there is nothing much yet for them to eat.They will eat flowers but I do not even have that yet. Neighbours do have flowers so they must have raided somewhere else.

Top Bottom