The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
I have risen!

Looks like im being dragged to the BiL's today for a socially distanced garden celebration of my nephew's 30th birthday. BiL has the charisma of Ian Beale, so I won't enjoy it.
Drago , you did not report on yesterdays party . I hope you resisted the temptation to give your BiL an Eastenders shampoo.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning. 10⁰ and a very light drizzle. I would like the forecast rain as I've decided to cover areas of the allotment to warm the soil. I'd like to let the forecast rain in first. Frost again tonight.

Slept till 7.45 apart from a brew around 4.00am.

Yesterday's training loop went well at an average of 16mph. I need to keep this going.

Nothing done yet. Nothing planned. :laugh:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
As forecast heavy rain battering on my front window with a near gale. This means a southerly wind but temp was 5.4C when I got up.
As Dirk says should discourage the grockles but it does not really benefit me as I am not going out in that. I have a spare bucket of fuel for the stove I keep in the house so no need to go anywhere outside.
Boats are on amber but at least they have now fixed the ramp on MV Coruisk so straight drive on drive off.
Forecast for the next few days is a bit mixed as well with mainly northerly winds again.
I remember in the past setting off for Shetland at about this date and my cabbages and potatoes were planted and the garden was all set to look after itself for a few weeks.
This year the azaleas are not in flower yet and usually it is February or March.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
This year the azaleas are not in flower yet and usually it is February or March.
I don't think I can remember such a cold spring as this. Even the swallows have been reluctant to appear. I have only seen the odd one or two. Just had a walk round to the Co-op and it is feeling so raw and cold. If the rain appears I think it might be an afternoon curled up watching the snooker.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Back from a walk before the wind picks up too much. It's still quite chilly so I'll just potter about getting under Mrs Tenkaykev's feet and generally annoying her ( It's a gift I have, I've never been able to understand what triggers it. 🤔)
Stay Safe folks,

Strange, I have that gift too, I think it is called "being a man" ;)

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I don't think I can remember such a cold spring as this. Even the swallows have been reluctant to appear. I have only seen the odd one or two. Just had a walk round to the Co-op and it is feeling so raw and cold. If the rain appears I think it might be an afternoon curled up watching the snooker.
I very rarely see swallows anywhere near my house now. There used to be lots of them but their nesting sites like old barns and garages have all been turned into holiday homes. Never hear a cuckoo either as new houses built in what were open fields have driven them further away.

D

Deleted member 1258

Its the coldest spring I can remember, the garden feels like its waiting for it too warm up, lots of plants haven’t come back after the winter yet.

Top Bottom