The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
My ex's MIL used to put gravel around anything slugs wanted to eat - apparently they hate crawling over gravel.
Broken egg shells are also supposed to work

Slug defence in Kog land.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
After slobbing about (largely) alone for over a year I have decided that it is time to get fit again and start meeting people as soon as the Covid restrictions are lifted. SO... I have just started to organise a forum ride in Devon for the end of June. Details HERE. If any of you will be in the area then and fancy coming along, go to the ride thread and express your interest there. :smile:

RE. the new story about some people 'breaking into' WIndsor Castle

The Evening Standard had this as part of teh article

It comes just days after a woman was allegedly allowed into the grounds of Prince Andrew’s home by mistake.

She entered the Royal Lodge while Andrew, was home, and was stopped by a member of staff.

The woman was arrested on suspicion of burglary and was later sectioned under the Mental Health Act after pretending to be Andrew’s fiancee and claiming she was meeting him for a lunch date.

UNQUOTE
Soo

she was sectioned when she claimed to be Andrew's fiancee - OK

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.

It comes just days after a woman was allegedly allowed into the grounds of Prince Andrew’s home by mistake.

She entered the Royal Lodge while Andrew, was home, and was stopped by a member of staff.

The woman was arrested on suspicion of burglary and was later sectioned under the Mental Health Act after pretending to be Andrew’s fiancee and claiming she was meeting him for a lunch date.

UNQUOTE
Soo

She has since come to her senses and now admits she is a teapot

classic33

Leg End Member

UNQUOTE
Soo

Michael Fagin sectioned under the same act when he broke in, and spoke to the queen.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Random act of kindness today.
When I left the Black Horse today after a great time and a very enjoyable lunch, I left £20 behind the bar to pay for a round of drinks for whoever came in next. :cheers:
I do stuff like that sometimes. :angel:

Top Bottom