The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Steak and kidney pie with chips today for us.
Home made ??

Turned out very pleasant. Walked over to Glencorse Reservoir and along to Balerno through Green Cleugh. Caught bus home. Purple heather, red rowans, green and gold bracken. Nice views of sand martins, stonechats, a wood warbler, and a couple of very lovely dark green fritillaries.
810A8CC7-962C-4AB6-87BE-C4828631F10D.jpeg

4A9F767A-DD0B-4EE0-A9EF-E82498BF2CCE.jpeg

4D5E2019-87F0-4232-8D03-E48CE43F447A.jpeg

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good afternoon all. The microwave has blown up. Lots of noise and sparks coming from the magnetron area. I checked to make sure there was nothing metallic in it, but no.
I have a chicken roasting in the oven, the spuds are ready to go in soon. I have taken a tip from one of those poncey celebrity cooking programs, and had infused the spuds with some smoked paprika. Some rainbow chard, carrots and a few green beans to accompany them.:hungry:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Intended giving the car a run but left it too long so the battery was dead. Luckily there’s a garage just round the corner so a young lad walked round with a portable charger. Took it a 30 mile round trip over to the village I’m from originally and popped in for a coffee with one of dad’s neighbours. Must remember and not leave it so long before using the car again.

Alternatively, if you have an mains power supply close enough, buy yourself a small battery charger (such as the CTEK) and leave battery uncharge, but insitu, when car is not in use for extended periods.

Another possibility, particularly if no mains power available nearby, and car is parked outdoors, is a small solar panel (available for about £20-£25) to keep battery topped up.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Good afternoon all. The microwave has blown up. Lots of noise and sparks coming from the magnetron area. I checked to make sure there was nothing metallic in it, but no.
I have a chicken roasting in the oven, the spuds are ready to go in soon. I have taken a tip from one of those poncey celebrity cooking programs, and had infused the spuds with some smoked paprika. Some rainbow chard, carrots and a few green beans to accompany them.:hungry:

Sounds very impressive, but, it would appear your microwave is not used to such exotic fare ;)

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Home made ??
Your Yorkshurs!

Dave7

Legendary Member
Can't go wrong with a bit of paprika.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I thought you were very happy where you are ?
I am. Lived here longer than anywhere else I've ever lived, so it's probably time for a change. Our best friends moving to Minehead has set us thinking that we would like to move a bit closer to them.
With an expected inheritance in the next couple of years, it's made us realise that our dream of a character cottage is within our grasp. Always fancied living on Exmoor, anyway.

12boy

Guru
Intended giving the car a run but left it too long so the battery was dead. Luckily there’s a garage just round the corner so a young lad walked round with a portable charger. Took it a 30 mile round trip over to the village I’m from originally and popped in for a coffee with one of dad’s neighbours. Must remember and not leave it so long before using the car again.
I had thought my Previa's battery shot but my mechanic said it wasn't yet, but in 4 years I had only driven 1700 miles. Nieeds to be driven more frequently. My pickup is about the same although my Element and my CRV get more.
Too much medical for a ride today, but there are lots of tasks to be done around here, which I can do so I am free on other days.
Be well and safe.

Top Bottom