The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Not yet 50, been retired over 2 years ;)

Drago

Legendary Member
Excellent work.

D

Deleted member 1258

I've been out this morning, my usual Thursday Hatton loop slightly shortened by a road closure, still 53 miles though, and who ever it was that said the winds would be light was lying, it was as hard and slow as Tuesday's ride. A good turn out at the cafe as well, there was a dozen of us there, it was a shame I had to leave after an hour.

I've been out this morning, my usual Thursday Hatton loop slightly shortened by a road closure, still 53 miles though, and who ever it was that said the winds would be light was lying, it was as hard and slow as Tuesday's ride. A good turn out at the cafe as well, there was a dozen of us there, it was a shame I had to leave after an hour.
I may be the guilty party re the wind. Been out for 50 and the last 10 into a cross head wind was torture!

D

Deleted member 1258

I may be the guilty party re the wind. Been out for 50 and the last 10 into a cross head wind was torture!

Crossing Coventry at the start was fun despite the tail end of the rush hour being unusually busy, I had a tail wind at that point, once out of the city it seemed to be mostly a cross wind, but when I left the cafe the 23 miles home seemed to be all into a headwind. By the time I was crossing the city again on the way home I'd run out of legs and had nothing left.

Top Bottom