The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Must be a nightmare riding on that road - our friends used to live in Perth 20 years ago and it was very busy even back then.
I had to do some chores in Golspie today i wouldnt choose to ride on it, I guess im used to the peace of the back roads so comes as bit of a shock to have to dice with the traffic. The summer holiday traffic can be dangerous...twice ive nearly had a head on while driving- once by a boy racer on my side of the road and another by a motorhome driver reading a map :rolleyes:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Kindle's Unlimited is a great deal.

I read a lot but Mrs SD reads enormous amounts of books - she is a very retentive speed reader and can read for hours on end.

My brain fades after a couple of hours. ^_^

I must admit, I read a lot as well.:laugh:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Amazon do music as well although I don't know if It is any good. I have kindle unlimited for books. I love it. Kindle music costs about £7.99 a month, the same as for kindle books i imagine.
Since I seem to be all Apple now I have subscribed to Apple Music. Just asked Siri to play me Beethoven’s 5th Piano Concerto and it found it immediately and started playing. Isn’t technology amazing these days. :laugh:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Must be a nightmare riding on that road - our friends used to live in Perth 20 years ago and it was very busy even back then.
No way I would ride on the A9 around here. I hate even having to cross over it occasionally. Always wait for a huge gap in the traffic. The curtain siders nearly suck you off just waiting at the junctions.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We had our booster jabs this morning. So far so good. I am not complacent so will know better tomorrow.
Sat with a large whisky now.
Late lunch will be meat pies (made by the local shop).....maybe a few chips.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Since I seem to be all Apple now I have subscribed to Apple Music. Just asked Siri to play me Beethoven’s 5th Piano Concerto and it found it immediately and started playing. Isn’t technology amazing these days. :laugh:
Yes, sometimes an old song will pop into your head and instead of digging through a pile of Vinyl / tapes / CD's / ( I think that some older folks on this forum still listen to Wax Disks ) It's easy just to ask Siri / Alexa to play the song 🎶

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9

Well that was a pleasant lunch....washed down with 3 pints of the black stuff.
Back home now and the fencer has been and repaired our other side fence.
Time for an afternoon nap methinks.:okay:

Top Bottom