The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
My excitement of the day is having the postie delivery my bowel screening test kit! :laugh: Late this year obviously due to Covid so suppose I better get it done. It's the only screening thing I bother with as it's so simple.
Pooh sticks! :laugh:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I am watching a programme about hoarders :wacko::wacko:

I had one living next door to me (I think I did mention it before), the first time I took 14 full black bins bags out, I kid you not. A year later I helped him do it again, later he died and I found him as I had a key to his flat as a just in case, the police were shocked at the mess it was in and I told them that I had done it twice before.:ohmy:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Do you have a subscription for Spotify? Might be getting a WiFi speaker and thought it might be worth giving it a go

Yes. £9.99 pm.

Excellent value.

We listen to a huge amount of music here (music + reading wins here over TV).

Whatever your tastes are you can rapidly compile playlists to suit and the suggestion algorithms are pretty smart enabling you to explore your favourite genres easily.

We have it installed on IOS tablet, Android phone and Windows laptop.

All function well - only use the laptop as you can rearrange folders and sub-folders within it which you cannot do on the other two platforms.

We stream Spotify into a fairly high-end sound system, into a wireless speaker in the gym and a little Sony canister thingy in the bedroom. Even the latter sounds not half bad. The main system sounds stunning.

Spotify is very stable and has caused us zero issues in the three years or so that we have had it.

We tried Tidal before getting Spotify - it costs twice as much pm and streams at a higher rate for supposedly better quality. I am a really fussy listener and I could detect no difference in the two products.

Last edited:

pawl

Legendary Member
Pooh sticks! :laugh:

If it sticks try Senacot tablets:wacko::wacko::wacko:

SpokeyDokey

My excitement of the day is having the postie delivery my bowel screening test kit! :laugh: Late this year obviously due to Covid so suppose I better get it done. It's the only screening thing I bother with as it's so simple.

Better now that it is the simple little brush thingy rather than those strips.

Only one sample too.

My results only took 4 or 5 days to appear on my NHS app.

Enjoy! :rolleyes:

SpokeyDokey

Well, finally we are both up and about.

Murky day out there in The Lakes.

Mrs SD trying to summon enthusiasm to do the weekly shop. Me ditto re weekly housework.

I will be on the treadmill/turbo/multi-gym later.

We have decided on a Kindle & Cuddle night tonight to recover from last night so will get to bed by 11pm.

Long walk for both of us tomorrow followed by usual Saturday overnight party. Yay!

We are enjoying our second stab at full retirement!

Chief Broom

Veteran
At least i managed a ride today :okay: went to Golspie along the A9...really dont like the traffic wizzing by, theres still some laddish idiot tourist 'doing the NC500' who go by at 80mph. I pulled in on the way back to let a queue of traffic go by when i realised i was by a huge puddle eek! so hurriedly paddled backward to avoid a soaking :okay:

SpokeyDokey

Amazon do music as well although I don't know if It is any good. I have kindle unlimited for books. I love it. Kindle music costs about £7.99 a month, the same as for kindle books i imagine.

Kindle's Unlimited is a great deal.

I read a lot but Mrs SD reads enormous amounts of books - she is a very retentive speed reader and can read for hours on end.

My brain fades after a couple of hours. ^_^

SpokeyDokey

At least i managed a ride today :okay: went to Golspie along the A9...really dont like the traffic wizzing by, theres still some laddish idiot tourist 'doing the NC500' who go by at 80mph. I pulled in on the way back to let a queue of traffic go by when i realised i was by a huge puddle eek! so hurriedly paddled backward to avoid a soaking :okay:

Must be a nightmare riding on that road - our friends used to live in Perth 20 years ago and it was very busy even back then.

Top Bottom