The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning folks, on my second cup of coffee, yesterday was a day of feeling knackered, hope today has more oomph! I’m always positive in attitude but on occasion find the constant fatigue a bit overwhelming. Anyway, enough of my moaning, today looks to be sunny and warm, there’s a new bus service being introduced at the end of the month, a bus stop has appeared around the corner and the bus will whisk me to Wimborne in twenty minutes. Added bonus being the terminus is ten metres from the front door of the Tap House 🍺😁
In other exciting news there’s been an addition to the fleet ⚡️⚡️🚲
Have a peaceful day folks 😎☀️☕️

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. An overcast, drizzly and breezy day for us sadly. Won’t stop me walking though.

I’m with Colin and find calorie counting depressing and can get obsessive. Intermittent fasting with the occasional longer fast makes sense to me too.

Thank goodness Sunday evenings are always better for telly watching. I’ll no doubt watch Countryfile and Grace then catch up on Gentleman Jack.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Morning. An overcast, drizzly and breezy day for us sadly. Won’t stop me walking though.

I’m with Colin and find calorie counting depressing and can get obsessive. Intermittent fasting with the occasional longer fast makes sense to me too.

Thank goodness Sunday evenings are always better for telly watching. I’ll no doubt watch Countryfile and Grace then catch up on Gentleman Jack.

Mrs Tenkaykev uses the “ Nutracheck” app. She’s lost 2.5 stone which had crept on. She took up crochet during lockdown as something to do while watching tv, and keep her occupied so she didn’t hit the biscuit barrel. She made multicoloured bed throws, all the kids have one now and they are very appreciative*

* I imagine the conversation goes something along the lines of “ mum’s coming for a visit, where did we put that throw she knitted “ 😉

D

Deleted member 1258

From my Facebook page this morning.

A family decided to try a nudist camping resort for a cheap vacation.
On their first day there their young son went off to explore the site.
Some time later he came back to the tent and said,
"Wow, Mom! You should see some of those girls."
" They've got these HUGE..."
"Yes, well,"
His mother snaps,
"The larger they are, the dumber the woman."
Next day the boy comes back to the tent again.
"Mom, You wouldn't believe some of the guys out there."
"They have these HUGE..."
"Yes, well, like I said, the bigger they are, the dumber the man."
Says his mother.
"Really?"
The boy said, frowning and looking puzzled,
"Well it looks like we might be in trouble then, Mom."
"Why, honey?"
Asks his mom,
"Because Dad's out there talking to a really stupid girl, and he's getting dumber by the minute."

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
So much for getting more sleep...

I had just dozed off again and started dreaming. Some thug was spitting in my face on a bus. Then I woke up... It was the HOUSE spitting at me! :eek:

My nephew was having a shower and the cubicle is directly above my head when I am in bed here. They redid the sealant round the shower last week and obviously didn't make a good job of it. Looks like another job to do later.

Nephew was up early to go miles for a paint-ball battle with a pal.

I just had a quick chat with my sister and now we are going to dry try to get another couple of hours sleep.

My legs feel a bit stiff from yesterday so I will make do with a couple of shortish dog walks today and maybe 1 hour on the bike this evening.

Lights out and try again. If anything else wakes me early I will give up, get up, and eat up. I can sit in the shade of a tree in the garden later and snooze while my sister potters about out there.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Mrs Tenkaykev uses the “ Nutracheck” app. She’s lost 2.5 stone which had crept on. She took up crochet during lockdown as something to do while watching tv, and keep her occupied so she didn’t hit the biscuit barrel. She made multicoloured bed throws, all the kids have one now and they are very appreciative*

* I imagine the conversation goes something along the lines of “ mum’s coming for a visit, where did we put that throw she knitted “ 😉

Oh you wicked person. How can you think such things? :laugh:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Well I woke at 3.00, had a brew, back to sleep till 7.00. Not ideal but it's seven hours sleep.

Overcast and breezy here. I have two bikes to clean and allotment work to finish. Plan is to clean one now, then disappear to the allotment before Mrs P rises. Second bike will be cleaned at 11.00 when Mrs P is playing tennis. Good plan and achieves objectives with a minimum of household stress!

Now breakfast? Hmmm.....🤔 Shall I have 25 calorie coffee or a 35? Obsessive? Moi? ^_^

Catch you all later
:hello:

Exlaser2

Veteran
Aargh... What unearthly time is this! :wacko:

My guest bedroom here is a converted office at the back of the property and it has a cat flap in the door to the back yard. One of the damn moggies was headbutting the closed flap until I let him through. To avoid that I would have to leave the flap and other door open all night and then I would be pestered by the 2 cats, and the dog, plus woken up by anybody else in the house getting up before me.

I think the cat has now woken them upstairs because I can hear footsteps in my sisters room above me. She gets woken one way or the other. Either the cats nut her door or they climb onto the roof over the back yard and headbutt her window instead. I am definitely NOT a cat person! :laugh:

Anyway... I want another 4 hours sleep. TTFN!

My brother in law had a cat and a cat flap in the back door, but the cat didn’t like coming in though it. So it used to bang on the front door , when it was let in it would then go straight back out using the cat flap. 😂😀

Tenkaykev

Guru
Just been out for a short bike ride in the sun. It's glorious out there. I took a set of Allen keys so I could tweak the Ergon grip angle. Not sure about the saddle, its a " Fizik Allante " or some such. I do like my C17 but want to give the Fizik a fair try before deciding.

Top Bottom