The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I think my neck and back problems originate in my leg length difference (shorter left leg). If I stand in front of a full length mirror my pelvis tilts down right to left and my shoulders go the other way to compensate.

When I rode with Look pedals/cleats I use to put a shim under the left cleat, which helped. I now use the (MTB type) SPD system and shimming those cleats is a bit iffy because the cleat would stick out from its hole in the sole of the shoe.

A friend told me that if he is riding behind me when I get tired he sees my right knee start to stick out to the right during the pedal stroke.

I have one leg 0.5cm longer than the other. I have a friend who is a podiatrist. She spotted the problem, told me she could fix and did in ten minutes.

See a podiatrist, it will change a lot for you.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I just had a near miss...!!! :eek:

I was sitting at the dining table using my laptop when I suddenly got whacked in the genitals by the family's border terrier standing below me. He was wielding a toy which he wanted to fight me over. I got hold of one leg of the toy and started pulling it. He snarled playfully and pulled hard in the opposite direction. This tug-of-war went on for a few seconds then he relaxed his bite to try and get a better grip on the toy with his teeth. I pulled the toy free and he leapt up and took an almighty bite at it, missing my manly bits by a few mm. A smidge nearer and that would really have made my eyes water - a real nutcracker, but not 'sweet'! :laugh:

This was him in action...

Elephant attack.jpg

If you are really observant and have a VERY good memory, you may remember the hound AND the same toy elephant. Here they were 9 years ago having a snuggle together when he was a pup...

frankie-loves-baby-elephants-too.jpg

Aaaaah....!

classic33

Leg End Member
I just had a near miss...!!! :eek:

I was sitting at the dining table using my laptop when I suddenly got whacked in the genitals by the family's border terrier standing below me. He was wielding a toy which he wanted to fight me over. I got hold of one leg of the toy and started pulling it. He snarled playfully and pulled hard in the opposite direction. This tug-of-war went on for a few seconds then he relaxed his bite to try and get a better grip on the toy with his teeth. I pulled the toy free and he leapt up and took an almighty bite at it, missing my manly bits by a few mm. A smidge nearer and that would really have made my eyes water - a real nutcracker, but not 'sweet'! :laugh:

This was him in action...

View attachment 645803

If you are really observant and have a VERY good memory, you may remember the hound AND the same toy elephant. Here they were 9 years ago having a snuggle together when he was a pup...

View attachment 645804

Aaaaah....!
That'd have drawn a fair bit of interest in the A&E, if you needed to go!

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Morning. An overcast, drizzly and breezy day for us sadly. Won’t stop me walking though.

I’m with Colin and find calorie counting depressing and can get obsessive. Intermittent fasting with the occasional longer fast makes sense to me too.

Thank goodness Sunday evenings are always better for telly watching. I’ll no doubt watch Countryfile and Grace then catch up on Gentleman Jack.

Sounds like our typical Sunday evening viewing. Pleased to see Country File has got over the Ewes giving birth stage, I think, three weeks in a row, we were treated(?) to people with their arms up a ewe’s rear end, pulling out lambs.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all fellow retirees.
A mixed bag of weather today.
Its quite muggy, and some light clouds around, but forecast for rain later on this afternoon.
MrsP has just gone to her friend in Muswell Hill. Her cat is diabetic, but her friend cannot do the blood tests, which need doing every two hours. So MrsP in her nurse role has stepped in. She may be a while.
In the meantime I shall catch up with the Giro, Have I got news for you, and a couple of things on the radio.
Dog walking, breakfast, and then sort out an odd puncture on my old Dawes Galaxy. Sometimes the tube stays inflated, other times it doesn't. Valve possibly stuffed. Time for a new tube.
Wordle done in 6.
Another busy day. :cuppa:

Top Bottom