The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning folks,
Finally got round to watching the final two episodes of the Canoe man, about the guy and his wife who faked his death for insurance money. Astonishing to watch, I was shaking my head in disbelief at times.
Today we’re popping up the road to Karma, a small Turkish place that has some amazing veggie dishes on its menu.
I’m also celebrating 73 years on Planet Earth, so there’s cake on the agenda 🎂☕️
Have a peaceful day folks ☀️👍

D

Deleted member 1258

:hello: Good morning folks, wash day Monday has rolled around again, we should be down the club later, weather isn't looking too good later, and my Good ladies condition has changed and we may not be able to go, my cycling's been put on hold for now.:sad:

D

Deleted member 1258

Good morning folks,
Finally got round to watching the final two episodes of the Canoe man, about the guy and his wife who faked his death for insurance money. Astonishing to watch, I was shaking my head in disbelief at times.
Today we’re popping up the road to Karma, a small Turkish place that has some amazing veggie dishes on its menu.
I’m also celebrating 73 years on Planet Earth, so there’s cake on the agenda 🎂☕️

Happy Birthday. :birthday: :cheers:

D

Deleted member 1258

From my Facebook page this morning, lol.

1653289023345.png

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

The Pikey Pensioners hit the road again at 10am.
Looking forwards to a chill out week in Cornwall despite a certain triker not wanting us there. I can never understand the animosity towards people who put hundreds of pounds into their local economy. Yes, I know I moan about the grockles occasionally, but I love 'em really. Some folk are just plain nasty about them.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Good morning folks,

Happy Birthday :birthday:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. I have bimbled for just over 24 miles and had a nice bath so breakfast next.

Happy Birthday Kev. Enjoy your day. xx

New Silent Witness tonight. I see Amanda Burton is making an appearance. She was the original head pathologist in it.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Mixed day for me.
MrsD had a fall last night as her legs totally 'went'. She was a dead weight and I couldn't lift her so had to phone our daughter and SiL to come and help.
She seems marginally better now and I managed to get her to the loo and we are now sat in the conservatory.
We never signed up for this getting old sh*te.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Mixed day for me.
MrsD had a fall last night as her legs totally 'went'. She was a dead weight and I couldn't lift her so had to phone our daughter and SiL to come and help.
She seems marginally better now and I managed to get her to the loo and we are now sat in the conservatory.
We never signed up for this getting old sh*te.

I know how you feel as I had similar problems. It is certainly soul destroying. On a practical note I hope you know how to get somebody up without causing further damage. Better to get someone trained in elderly care to show you the things not to do.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning all fellow retirees.
A mixed bag of weather today.
Its quite muggy, and some light clouds around, but forecast for rain later on this afternoon.
MrsP has just gone to her friend in Muswell Hill. Her cat is diabetic, but her friend cannot do the blood tests, which need doing every two hours. So MrsP in her nurse role has stepped in. She may be a while.
In the meantime I shall catch up with the Giro, Have I got news for you, and a couple of things on the radio.
Dog walking, breakfast, and then sort out an odd puncture on my old Dawes Galaxy. Sometimes the tube stays inflated, other times it doesn't. Valve possibly stuffed. Time for a new tube.
Wordle done in 6.
Another busy day. :cuppa:
Well, go on then!

pawl

Legendary Member
I enjoyed Grace again. I see there’s been two or three more books in the series since I read them so might have to get them.

The last one I read, he had gone abroad Switzerland I think to find his wife following someone had seen his wife .Last nights episode finished with t,hat information

Looks as though there may be another follow on series

Top Bottom