The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I read somewhere that Monkey Pox is filling the niche left by smallpox once it was eradicated. Nature is a wonderful thing or a shite thing. It always wins. Apparently the monkey pox is just about in every country now. Let's just hope it doesn't mutate into something a lot worse 😢

Hope not. I couldn’t cope with more lock downs or vaccinations!

pawl

Legendary Member
I see we have our first case of monkey pox in Scotland. What next.

Hidradeniitis Try saying that even if you haven’t imbibed to much of the Scottish nectar

D

Deleted member 1258

From my Facebook page this morning, the oldies are the best.

A woman awakes during the night to find that her husband is not in bed. She puts on her robe and goes downstairs to look for him. She finds him sitting at the kitchen table with a hot cup of coffee in front of him. He appears to be in deep thought, just staring at the wall. She watches as he wipes a tear from his eye and takes a sip of his coffee.

'What's the matter, dear' she whispers as she steps into the room, 'Why are you down here at this time of night
The husband looks up from his coffee, 'It's the 20th Anniversary of the day we met'.
She can't believe he has remembered and starts to tear up.

The husband continues, 'Do you remember 20 years ago when we started dating, I was 18 and you were only 16,' he says solemnly.
Once again, the wife is touched to tears. 'Yes, I do' she replies.

The husband pauses The words were not coming easily. 'Do you remember when your father caught us in the back seat of my car'
'Yes, I remember' said the wife, lowering herself into the chair beside him.

The husband continued. 'Do you remember when he shoved the shotgun in my face and said, "Either you marry my daughter or I will send you to prison for 20 years'
'I remember that, too' she replied softly.

He wiped another tear from his cheek and said "I would have gotten out today."

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
The Eagle has Landed.
Screenshot_20220523-134717-437.png

Lunch......

IMG_20220523_135039521_HDR.jpg

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Been a funny sort of day, haven't done much except walk to the village for some milk and eggs, I was going to go to Sainsburys but my neck is still bad I even had to take two lots of paracetamol to ease the pain and my knee is not too good either.
My flour came 20Kg, which nearly put my back out when I tried to lift it up …..God I'm getting old. :sad:
Oh and we have :rain: again and tomorrow is going to be the same

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I have messed around and looked at a couple of videos on YouTube about S spring snap fastners that I want to use. The tinnitus in my ear seemed to be quite noticeable today. :wacko:

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
A petrol station owner in Ireland was trying to increase his sales, so he put up a sign that read, 'Free Sex with Fill-Up.'
1f448.png
263a.png

Paddy pulled in, filled his tank and asked for his free sex.
The owner told him to pick a number from 1 to 10.
If he guessed correctly, he would get his free sex.
Paddy guessed 8, and the proprietor said, 'You were close.
The number was 7. Sorry. No sex this time.'
A week later, Paddy, along with his friend Mick, pulled in for another fill-up. Again he asked for his free sex.
The proprietor again gave him the same story, and asked him to guess the correct number.
Paddy guessed 2. The proprietor said, 'Sorry, it was 3.
You were close, but no free sex this time.'
As they were driving away, Mick said to Paddy,
'I think that game is rigged and he doesn't really
give away free sex at all.'
Paddy replied, 'No it's genuine enough Mick.
My wife won twice last week.'

Top Bottom