The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Been a funny sort of day, haven't done much except walk to the village for some milk and eggs, I was going to go to Sainsburys but my neck is still bad I even had to take two lots of paracetamol to ease the pain and my knee is not too good either.
My flour came 20Kg, which nearly put my back out when I tried to lift it up …..God I'm getting old. :sad:
Oh and we have :rain: again and tomorrow is going to be the same
How big a loaf you planning on making?

classic33

Leg End Member
Question Time
Should you MOT your own car?

You have all the required paperwork, through your job on larger vehicles.
But do your own car on your drive, in your own time.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning folks,
A splendid mezze yesterday evening with Mrs Tenkaykev, daughter and granddaughter. Got home and had a large slice of ginger cake. It needed something and as Mrs Tenkaykev had scoffed the last of the ice cream, I had a rummage and found a bottle of Amaretto at the back of the cupboard. A good soaking made the world of difference.
Physio this morning, so a trip to Wimborne.
Have a peaceful day folks
☕️☀️👍

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Had a bit of rain overnight but woke up to sunshine.
Gorgeous view over Bodmin Moor from our caravan bed.
IMG_20220524_080243890_HDR.jpg

Off to Boscastle this morning. ^_^

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Hello. Quiet this morning. We're due for heavy rain at 9.00 though looking out of the window it's hard to imagine.

What news from Lancashire kind sir?

Well none really. Bugger all seems to have occurred. 50 miler yesterday to check out the bike before Ride London. Mrs P is coming down as well and I've booked an extra hotel night. I reacted positively to the suggestion we go to the Chelsea Flower Show. We're talking serious bonus points for that one!!

Small person today so I'd best crack on.
:hello:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning everyone.
The rain is falling here also, :rain:Plus, we are due some thunderstorms this afternoon 🌩🌩

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Big mistake yesterday... I carried 9 concrete paving slabs up a terraced garden. Bloody heavy things! My back and neck feel worse than usual now and I am about to tackle a lumpy metric century round the eastern fringes of Dartmoor!

The sun is shining but the forecast for all-day sunshine now includes showers. Hopefully, I won't get soaked.

Oh, and I saw that my front tyre was getter iffy... I put a spare on. New tyres next visit!

1653379491436.png

(The parts of the tyre are pulling apart.)

Must dash. See you later. :hello:

Top Bottom