The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I use Tetley:laugh: may be that's why
If you want an ooh, you need Typhoo.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Been another crap day for me, I woke up at mid-night and did the wordy thing, went back to bed and was still awake at 5am and tossed and turned until I got up and felt like sh1t.
Had a lie down before 12am and woke up for my lunch feeling even more worse....soup does not taste nice just having got up.
Had a shower and washed my hair at 3pm and watched part of a DVD feeling a bit better now. :smile:

When I feel shite that's what I do. Nice bath or shower, feel nice and clean, shave if you do etc. Works for me.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good day people. Damp and drizzly. It's our club hill climb competition this evening. My buddy organises this with a bit of background help from me. Unfortunately he's had to cry off for very valid reasons meaning I have to takeover. Usually I'm just there hanging around in case of emergencies. Tonight I've got to run the show. First task is to head out at 09.30 to put up the signage - weather forecast is 90% chance of rain at 09.00. :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Have a fun day!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all fellow members.
A bit grey and cloudy outside at the moment.
There is a water main burst locally so there is only a dribble coming out of the tap. Got the kettle filled up after a while so I could make some tea.:cuppa:
MrsP wants to go to the pictures this afternoon to see the latest TopGun film. She has waited two years for this as it was postponed because of covid. I enjoyed the original, I fear this might be a film too far.
All the usual things to do in between.
Our daughter is calling in later, so spaghetti bolognese for tea tonight.
Enjoy your day everyone.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Off out on the 'hunt the Calor gas bottle' game today.^_^
It's gone a bit wet and windy here today, but forecast to clear this afternoon.
Hopefully some good news for us struggling pensioners - the triple lock looks like being re-instated next year and the SP might go up 10%.

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yesterday, I did my second metric century ride of this Devon visit. Once I got above Crediton I could see rain in the distance towards Dartmoor. I thought conditions were going to turn miserable but I was very lucky. I felt a few spots but missed the downpours. The roads were damp everywhere I rode for the next 4 hours or so but I just got a mix of clouds and sunshine. The wind was fairly strong though, which made up for the lack of hills on the Exe Valley Trail back into Exeter and lanes towards Crediton.

I was right about my neck and back - the day before's paving slab moving had done me no favours. I will try to recruit my nephew to shift the last 6. Tricky though - he works long night shifts and tends to sleep all day.

Forecast to be rainy here this morning but ok this afternoon. We took 9 heavy bags of rubble to the tip on Monday. Another 9 bags to go today. Then take the dog somewhere nice for a walk. Maybe the Dartmoor Trail path that I cycled down into Bovey Tracey yesterday?

Tenkaykev

Guru
A belated good morning folks. We've had torrential rain and hail yesterday afternoon, today has started wet and windy. We were heading out on the bikes but have decided to postpone that until the weather improves. I'm also out of Scotch, I was reduced to drinking Rum last night! 🏴‍☠️ ( having said that, my phone ringtone id the theme tune from " Captain Pugwash " and i do live near the sea 🤔
Have a peaceful day folks 👍☕

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Then take the dog somewhere nice for a walk. Maybe the Dartmoor Trail path that I cycled down into Bovey Tracey yesterday?

Nope... I had forgotten the problem with the dog, a fairly small border terrier. He has been attacked and traumatised by bigger dogs 4 times. The last time was a powerful staffie that got him by the throat! That time he was saved by the staffie's yob owner who kicked his own dog in the nuts... :eek:

Anyway, the problem is now that my sister's dog gets very aggressive towards other dogs that approach him, as dogs tend to do. He has to be walked off the beaten track, where other dogs are scarce.

It's a pity because he is a lovely dog. He is very friendly to dogs that he recognises, but doesn't trust 'strangers' any more.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Just got back from the Rising Sun at Altarnun.
Used to be one of our favourite pubs, but it's recently been sold and it's gone all pretentious. :sad:
The lunch menu was £24 pp with stuff I've never heard of before.
Can't see that lasting long........
At least the beer was OK.

Top Bottom